In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

26/27 whatcha burnin

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Rich250, Sep 28, 2026.

  1. Rich250

    Rich250

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2015
    Messages:
    1,078
    Likes Received:
    5,824
    Location:
    Berks County PA.
    Past few years been burning mostly AWF white pines but this year Ace hardware wanted 380 a ton for them so I will burning mostly Tractor supply pellets this season, paid 329 a ton.
     
  2. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,564
    Likes Received:
    76,421
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I have all GS Premium Plus on hand 1.25 tons left from last year and 4 tons delivered by HD during the spring sale. Last winter I made a concerted effort to burn up all my oddball stuff that had been laying around for 2-5 years. They would get buried when I loaded up the pallets in the basement. But, I wanted to finish sheet rocking that wall, so emptying the pallets was a goal that coincided with burning the older pellets.

    I saw 20+ bags of GS Alleghany Mountain pellets on FBM the end of last week for a decent price (instead of the stupid $8-10/bag people usually want) and wish I'd been able to get them. Unfortunately I had an electrician out on that day and by the time I looked again, they were gone.
     
    Rich250 likes this.
  3. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    Got some HD Greene Supremes and half a ton of Vermonts. Will save the Vermonts for the cold snaps and just grab HD pellets as needed. No deals to be had really so boring weekly fills at the boxes.
     
    Rich250 likes this.
  4. Orson_Yancey

    Orson_Yancey

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2016
    Messages:
    212
    Likes Received:
    586
    Location:
    Portsmouth, NH
    Green Supreme and MWP.