Although maybe not possible in your case with the volume you have, but that's one reason I'll try and get wood CSS fast in the warm weather. Seems once its under cover they don't bother it as much. Ill separate out heartwood splits on hickory and oak and stack on its own. Smoking inventory and one customer gets some oak heartwood. Hickory not a common scrounge for me. Maybe a cord of it on hand.
That's why I like night shift...... That's what I'm told anyway.. I don't sleep much when I'm on nights, maybe 4 hrs at the most at home. Try to the reat of the night.
Do you get much pear in your neck of the woods? I get some occasionally and split small to sell for smoking wood. I have a few customers that like it. I have to work with what I have since I don't have pecan, ya know.
There is a lot of pear around, but we don't get much of it. That was the biggest one we've ever got. Ya'll need to come back to GA soon and we'll load ya up with pecan.
Since it was very dry, we decided to plow the food plots that the hogs had rooted up... Thankful the tractor has cruise control and differential lock...... CAUTION...may cause motion sickness
What tillage implement? I used to have a 2btm turn plow years ago but sold it. Now I use a 7ft scarifier then a 20 disc harrow after prior to planting.
We have rain forecast for this weekend, so we decided to try out the new no-till drill on a couple food plots. This is what we're planting, along with extra oats, wheat and 4 types of clover. Adding the last 150# of seed for the next planting We started with the powerline. Trial and error. Had to adjust seed rate and depth controls... We went to the back plot where the bees are. It planted through the weeds and grass pretty good, probably would have done great if we had had some rain... Good setup...
That's great, we started getting rain late Sunday afternoon, good soaking in rain all night and today so far.
I was just thinking the same thing for here. Won't be long and it will be miserable wet and then snow. I used to scrounge in those conditions but no longer unless it is unavoidable.....like last year's Thanksgiving storm! Couldn't get out of the driveway.
We finished the last food plot yesterday evening. Had to get more seed. 50# of black oats, supposed to grow more forage than the Coker oats... 100# of wheat... Got 6# of crimson clover and 4# of rapeseed for the small seed hopper... This planted about 1.25 acres... The additional lights we added really helps out...