In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hostile takeover of Sturm Ruger by Beretta?

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Knothead, Sep 22, 2026.

  1. Knothead

    Knothead

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2015
    Messages:
    2,128
    Likes Received:
    17,428
    Location:
    East Texas
    Timeline of the Takeover Saga
    • Late 2025: Beretta quietly accumulated a 9.95% stake in Ruger, prompting Ruger to adopt a "poison pill" shareholder rights plan to block further unapproved accumulation.
    • Early 2026: Public friction escalated after Beretta pushed for board seats and a larger 30% stake, which Ruger's board resisted as a creeping hostile takeover attempt.
    • May 2026: The two gunmakers struck a strategic cooperation agreement, with Beretta dropping its proxy fight in exchange for a capped 25% ownership tier.
    • September 2026: After regulatory conditions were satisfied and Ruger lifted its poison pill restrictions, Beretta officially launched its $107.5M partial tender offer (running through October 15, 2026).
    I hope this takeover will not happen, what's your best guess on what the outcome will be.
    I love Ruger!:usa:[​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2026
  2. Woodtroll

    Woodtroll

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2025
    Messages:
    556
    Likes Received:
    4,360
    Location:
    Mtns of SW VA
    I'm a Ruger fan, not a Beretta fan. I also try to support American companies when I can. I had not heard of this, thank you.
     
  3. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,345
    Likes Received:
    31,632
    Location:
    Over here
    I was watching this earlier but lost track of it. I'm team Ruger. I loathe the stonk market and it's doings, so I'm a bit biased there. Wish Beretta would buy Remington instead and try to make that into something remotely resembling what it once was. Ruger doesn't need any help. They are nearly debt free and in the black for around $100M right now. All that said, I prefer Beretta to own them vs a Blackrock or whatever other ugly 'company'.
     
  4. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,862
    Likes Received:
    121,495
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I have 3 Ruger handguns. Would hate to see them go away or change in a way that would compromise the brand.
     
  5. Ronaldo

    Ronaldo

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2015
    Messages:
    1,775
    Likes Received:
    11,275
    Location:
    Iowa
    I hate to see these companies get so large that they own too much and it destroys healthy competition. Beretta already owns Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger, Sako, Tikka and Burris optics. There may more I’m not even aware of. I like Beretta products but it seems like a monopoly.
     
  6. Burnin Since 1991

    Burnin Since 1991

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2025
    Messages:
    417
    Likes Received:
    3,163
    Location:
    Concord River Valley, Massachusetts, USA
    I own a Ruger myself and this would be the end of Ruger if this deal goes though
     
  7. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,345
    Likes Received:
    31,632
    Location:
    Over here
    They'll keep the name in place. I'd bet there would be a whole lot less 'fun' stuff coming out of Ruger after. Euro makers are much more 'serious' in their firearms it seems to me. They'd look at something like this and just say....No. Keltec would be the antithesis of Euro stuff. lol

    PC Charger from Ruger. Is it practical? Nay. Fun? You bet!

    [​IMG]
     
  8. Woodtroll

    Woodtroll

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2025
    Messages:
    556
    Likes Received:
    4,360
    Location:
    Mtns of SW VA
    Ruger owns Marlin now too, and is doing good things with that company as well. Beretta can go pound Italian sand!
     
  9. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,747
    Likes Received:
    20,823
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    Beretta buys them and then Ruger disappears just like Remington buying Para Ordnance
     
  10. Knothead

    Knothead

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2015
    Messages:
    2,128
    Likes Received:
    17,428
    Location:
    East Texas
    brenndatomu likes this.