In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Roll chain backwards to stop oil leaking

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by cezar, Sep 30, 2026.

  1. cezar

    cezar

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2021
    Messages:
    485
    Likes Received:
    2,013
    Location:
    KY
    I read this somewhere and have been experimenting with it. Anyone else?
     
  2. Burnin Since 1991

    Burnin Since 1991

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2025
    Messages:
    422
    Likes Received:
    3,212
    Location:
    Concord River Valley, Massachusetts, USA
    First I heard of it, but I will check it out. Can't hurt.
     
    buZZsaw BRAD, MikeInMa and eatonpcat like this.
  3. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,186
    Likes Received:
    163,784
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Was it posted on April 1st?
     
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,866
    Likes Received:
    215,695
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    X2

    Some of my saws have "accidents"
     
  5. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,591
    Likes Received:
    68,100
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Kind of like driving in reverse rolls back the odometer on a car :whistle:
     
    Ron T, buZZsaw BRAD and theburtman like this.