In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's the trick for posting pictures now?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by JoeyD, Sep 28, 2026.

  1. sms4life

    sms4life

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2023
    Messages:
    502
    Likes Received:
    4,356
    Location:
    Michigan
    Screenshot of the pic on any phone
     
  2. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,740
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Not for me. When I screen shot any pic it is still wayyyyy too large to upload.
     
  3. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,620
    Likes Received:
    189,845
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    I tried the screenshot method, usually had a black top and bottom border. I hit edit tab, resize to 40% (1200 × 1600) and it loads fine and resolution is good.
     
  4. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,887
    Likes Received:
    115,148
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Resizing to 80% on my Android phone, gets my pictures postable.
     
  5. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,620
    Likes Received:
    189,845
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    I've had some at 60% that were still to large.
     
  6. sms4life

    sms4life

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2023
    Messages:
    502
    Likes Received:
    4,356
    Location:
    Michigan
    Curious how large your pics are. I have a 12MP cam. Most pics are around 4-5MP. Screenshot usually reduces them by 75% size...1-1.25MP.
     
  7. ReelFaster

    ReelFaster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Messages:
    2,880
    Likes Received:
    19,982
    Location:
    S.Jersey
    Something is goofy I just resized a pic to under a meg and it told me it was too big. I gave up...