Yep, that ain't good, my friend. As stated, glad it didn't break going down the road and cause major issues. Sure hope the repairs hold up and you get it back soon, so you can get caught up on the ...
My guy should have it fixed up this week. Why scrap an entire truck when you can fix what's broken? This isn't all that uncommon in the northeast.
Got the truck back yesterday afternoon....$2400 was the final damage which was well under the initial estimate. Some of that had to do with the fact once he removed the front gas tank, I told him not to worry about replacing it (it had leaked itself dry years ago and never worked since I bought the truck almost 18 years ago.) If I can get everything lined up efficiently for this upcoming weekend, I can deliver 25ish cords before returning to work Monday morning.
Glad the final was under estimate. Be careful hauling all that wood out and those big stacks of back home...
When I lived in maybe, my ex fiance bought a new explorer sport. It had to pass inspection. So stupid and what a money grab. Of course it will pass inspection, it's flipping new
The welder's sister must be pretty sturdy if she's going to stay with the truck and keep the frame together. Lol