In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

.325 users what yellow tag chains are you using?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by RCBS, Sep 28, 2026.

  1. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,866
    Likes Received:
    215,695
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Makes perfect sense and I understand why you'd do that.

    I recall watching a documentary about a military helicopter crash and they discovered the walnut shells used for sandblasting left residue in a critical part thus causing a failure and the ensuing crash.

    Keep up the great work my friend! :salute:
     
    RCBS, NYH1 and eatonpcat like this.
  2. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,387
    Likes Received:
    31,928
    Location:
    Over here
    It's nice not having to work around the saw. Also nice being able to finish one and start another without unmounting/remounting. Grips tight. No need to crank on the adjuster of the saw for the teeth to stay still. Honestly cannot believe that the majors don't offer something similar. Sometimes I feel like the minority as a hand filer, but that simply cannot be true.
     
    NYH1, eatonpcat and buZZsaw BRAD like this.
  3. Haftacut

    Haftacut

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2020
    Messages:
    2,981
    Likes Received:
    17,420
    Location:
    Rives Junction, MI
    I prefer to file in the vise as well. I’d rather bring an extra chain to the job or to the woods and swap out chains than be filing in the field on the saw with lesser results. When the takers need knocked down, I just hit them with a flap sanding disc on an angle grinder.
     
    RCBS, NYH1, eatonpcat and 1 other person like this.