In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Forum is slow and glitchy

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Redneck, Apr 29, 2026.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,023
    Likes Received:
    312,512
    Location:
    Central MI
    Look at the address and you should see the firewoodhoarders.com/forums

    Now put cursor at the end and backspace so you take off the /forums and that will get you on. From there I look at any "like" and click on that and you are in and then you will see the "new posts" where is usually is.
     
    bogieb, eatonpcat, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  2. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,775
    Likes Received:
    224,837
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.


    I posted how to do this some time back and have used it almost every morning since. It's posted in this thread somewhere.....

    In the search bar, just type in "firewoodhoardersclub" and with the results, you should be able to find FHC's home page. Select that, log in and then go to alerts. From your alerts page, you can navigate to the sub-forums and are able to view and post on them.

    It's a bass-ackwards way of getting around the site in it's time of troubles...........or you can wait until the afternoon when it seems the site usually is operating as it should.

    You're welcome! :smoke:
     
  3. Burnin Since 1991

    Burnin Since 1991

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2025
    Messages:
    422
    Likes Received:
    3,213
    Location:
    Concord River Valley, Massachusetts, USA
    I use a laptop with chrome and it allows you to save tabs. I keep FHC saved to "new posts" and I have no issues. If I hit the error I just use the back button and go a different direction.
    I know that won't exactly help iphone users, but that's why I quit using mine and went with the laptop. Not to mention it's a lot easier on the eyes and joints.
     
  4. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,554
    Likes Received:
    141,635
    Location:
    US
    Sorta like waiting for the coffee to kick in…
     
  5. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,871
    Likes Received:
    215,738
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    My normal MO when I get the AM fatal alert.
     
  6. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,738
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I’ve never experienced this fatal error and 80% of the time I’m on my iPhone.


    Random thought,
    Is there a chance the link being used to get on FHC is no longer valid and it’s causing this issue? Maybe save watched threads or new posts as your new link?
     
  7. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,681
    Likes Received:
    130,999
    Location:
    Vermont
    I do same but sometimes get error by hitting FHC saw on top of page
     
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,871
    Likes Received:
    215,738
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Sometimes when I Google search and click on sub forums I'll get the fatal error. Either way us die hards find a way. :cool:
     
  9. Gearclash

    Gearclash

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2026
    Messages:
    80
    Likes Received:
    597
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    There are some forums suffering from Denial Of Service (DOS) attacks; as I understand it it is a barrage of automated attempts to log into the site that effectively block access to legitimate logins. What is happening here has a little bit the same feel to it, too many “users” attempting to access the site? I may be barking up the wrong tree . . .
     
  10. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,567
    Likes Received:
    76,442
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Thanks everyone for the tips on bypassing the fatal error - I saved the New Posts link. I haven't been following this thread, so haven't seen the work arounds previously.

    Most of the time you aren't on in the wee hours of the morning like I am. This morning I AM a little early since I couldn't stay asleep so I'm on during some people's evenings instead.
     
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,775
    Likes Received:
    224,837
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    I guess that's the first time you admitted to being somewhat normal.....kinda. :rofl: :lol:

    (insert pic of "Mad Brad" waving chainsaw wildly in the air)
     
  12. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa

    Thanks for all you're doing Scotty!

    Has to be incredibly frustrating.
     
  13. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,775
    Likes Received:
    224,837
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Another morning with continued problems on the site.

    Scotty Overkill are you in this by yourself or did you have partners when forming the site?
     
  14. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,887
    Likes Received:
    115,146
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    There was a fella that maintained the site, and enhanced the site code with various add-ons and "nice to haves". He is no longer affiliated with the site.
     
  15. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,023
    Likes Received:
    312,512
    Location:
    Central MI
    I am using my phone now but I usually use a desktop.

    yesterday the forum suddenly stopped allowing me to post. I could type it ok but the buttons below just stopped working. That continued this morning. Crazy and I wonder if others might have the same problem.

    Apparently the forum works better in afternoon as it let me in right now. I am beginning to wonder how many more frustrations the forum can handle.
     
  16. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,307
    Likes Received:
    58,742
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    You are not alone my friend!
     
  17. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,280
    Likes Received:
    54,287
    Location:
    NC
    I experienced a new issue yesterday where I couldn’t post anything. It may have been a google glitch because when I tried to post I would get a white screen with the G. I couldn’t do anything go anywhere from the white screen. This morning it’s just the typical fatal error business.
     
  18. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,188
    Likes Received:
    163,809
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Yeah, super glitchy today.
    I've had more fatal errors already today than my all time total.
     
  19. In the Pines

    In the Pines

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2018
    Messages:
    1,454
    Likes Received:
    8,084
    Location:
    Ohio
    when you do a search for the forum (I don't have it bookmarked) and click the main forum link.
    It gives a fatal error about memory
    ,Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 86 bytes) in /home/scottyo/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304
    but if you click say the classifieds, the forum loads and works.
    Looks like some mysql errors due to running out of memory.
     
  20. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,738
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Just clicked the saw logo at the top of the page and saw this. First time for me.
    upload_2026-9-27_9-54-50.png