I wouldn't buy any 10 SPD ford unless it was 2023+ or replaced updated transmission. 18-22 10R80 I would just steer clear of
The aluminum bodies on the Ford are pretty well made. I haven't seen a single 15+ aluminum bodied f series with any body rot. Sure, 25 years ago there were alloy hoods that had rot on explorers and such. They've pretty much perfected the process and it's not an issue now.
I second that, aluminum body parts have been in use for years. One downside with the aluminum is they tear. My passenger rear wheel well already has a few cracks but caused by a tire blowout. Haven't seen them spread yet and somewhat testing it as I was able to score a new take-off box for $250 so a cheap fix. Can't believe how (scary) light they are now. Has the factory bedliner and so far is holding up to firewood being thrown in like a champ.
My buddy just bought an otherwise really nice 2017 Explorer that has some ping pong ball sized corroded spots on the front of the hood...neglected paint chips I'd guess...
Did the running board side to side swap this morning. Looks a lot better. Apparently on the tremor/raptor running boards there's a lot of debate on the internet about if they come installed backward from the factory. After doing the swap I can't be convinced otherwise that they aren't. The "logic" around why they are installed is the bigger end catches more rocks and prevents chips. I have mud flaps installed so that doesn't matter. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZDSnXg3ExzE
How heavy is your tractor and trailer setup? Im going to go used on one and want an Alumaduty still not sure on the 6.2 vs 7.3 though. Diesel I dont want that headache and its going to be driven less than 4k a year.
My total load is around 9k or 10k depending on what all I take with me. The half ton would do it but it felt like an adventure. The 7.3 does it with ease...you know it's there but the truck doesn't care. Never had a 6.2 but heard they are reliable.
I've only ever towed about 7k lbs. with it. It's definitely torquier then my 2015 Ram 2500 w/6.4L Hemi was. I plow so that's the reason I need a 3/4 ton. Really happy with the 6.8L V8. NYH1.
My coworker has a '22 f250 with the 6.2. he could have bought a 7.3 Godzilla, but I think that was the first year and he didn't want to be the guinea pig. He uses his to tow a double axle enclosed trailer to Colorado and back for elk hunting and do truck duties. He used to have a 1500 hemi ram and he said it is so much less drama towing with a 3/4 ton vs a half ton. That 6.2 is about as reliable as a rock. Nothing stands out power wise, but it just does it.