In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

BBG pellets in a pellet stove?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by jtakeman, Aug 30, 2026.

  1. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,527
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I was checking out the fliers on Sunday morning and spotted TSC has BBG pellets on sale. Normally $12.99 down to $5/bag!

    TSC sale.JPG

    I done did grabbed 20 of them for $100 and no tax(like bedding pellets). Keeping 2 bags for the pellet grill and 18 for the pellet stove. Hope they burn OK??

    TSC BBG pelletsa.jpg
     
  2. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,564
    Likes Received:
    76,422
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    At the very least, I'll bet they put out a great aroma when they burn!
     
  3. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,527
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    As long as they burn with a bit of heat to them, I'm good with a bonus of a good BBQ smell. :D
     
  4. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,577
    Likes Received:
    189,476
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    They should burn as hot or hotter, I would think, probably made with better hardwoods.
     
  5. Skier76

    Skier76

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    3,080
    Likes Received:
    17,020
    Location:
    CT and SoVT
    Nice find! I checked up north in NH…not the same deal; by one get one.
     
  6. Dpopps

    Dpopps

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2015
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    3,865
    Location:
    MI
    That's a really good deal. Interesting to see how they do in the stove. If I got a deal like that, it would be 50/50 pellet grill - stove.
     
    jtakeman and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  7. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,527
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Started the season with the BBQ pellets. Heat is decent. On par with some of the better hardwoods. No noticeable smell from the vent. but the hopper smells really nice. Tried them in the pellet grill earlier in the season. OK for beef and really good with chicken. Excellent on the pork lion and ribs.

    Very happy with them and for $5 they were a steal either way(the grill or stove). I should have bought every stinken bag I could get!!