In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Random pictures that you took

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Czed, May 8, 2022.

  1. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,849
    Likes Received:
    121,339
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I believe that 100%.
    F35 pilots can remotely control drones… technology moved quickly. They did have an X-35B, the prototype to the F35.
     
    RCBS, T.Jeff Veal, metalcuttr and 6 others like this.
  2. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,836
    Likes Received:
    114,692
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    At my cousin's beach house. Humarock beach. Between Boston and Plymouth.

    IMG_20260822_120559.jpg

    IMG_20260822_120554.jpg

    IMG_20260822_122136.jpg

    IMG_20260822_122153.jpg
     
    Woodwidow, T.Jeff Veal, RCBS and 12 others like this.
  3. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,297
    Likes Received:
    31,250
    Location:
    Over here
  4. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,297
    Likes Received:
    31,250
    Location:
    Over here
  5. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,484
    Likes Received:
    188,733
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    I took this picture of a big millipede this morning at work. Its amazing how it can keep all those legs in sync... 20260830_073003.jpg
     
  6. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,297
    Likes Received:
    31,250
    Location:
    Over here
  7. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,484
    Likes Received:
    188,733
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    My view on the way home yesterday 20260830_182604.jpg
     
  8. metalcuttr

    metalcuttr

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2018
    Messages:
    3,789
    Likes Received:
    27,747
    Location:
    western WA
  9. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,297
    Likes Received:
    31,250
    Location:
    Over here
    Ya, no idea what it is or will become. Just seen a big old willy worm a crawlin so I took it's pic.
     
  10. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,548
    Likes Received:
    67,735
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Interesting benches outside this restaurant. White pine slabs and mountain laurel limbs for legs.
    IMG_6530.jpeg
     
    RCBS, metalcuttr, brenndatomu and 5 others like this.
  11. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,248
    Likes Received:
    53,992
    Location:
    NC
    Better than a yankee candle
    IMG_5927.jpeg
     
  12. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,484
    Likes Received:
    188,733
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
  13. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,849
    Likes Received:
    121,339
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Wife, daughter and I helped my son Saturday. Got started splitting his mound. Didn’t take very long for him to get the craps of it so we quit. He loves running saws and bringing wood home but the joy apparently stops there.
    IMG_9517 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9519 Large.jpeg
     
  14. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,297
    Likes Received:
    31,250
    Location:
    Over here
    I'll never admit to how much of it I still have.

    upload_2026-9-9_13-17-30.png


    [​IMG]
     
  15. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,548
    Likes Received:
    67,735
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
  16. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,849
    Likes Received:
    121,339
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    My father hiked quite a bit of that. Used to take me on several day/night trips when I was a young pup. Fond memories! He also took care of part of the trail for several years in an area near us called Big Flat.
     
  17. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,548
    Likes Received:
    67,735
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Sure sounds like some unforgettable memories were made to me. That’s awesome that he took part in maintaining a section of the trail. I was actually thinking about that when my 15 year old and I were walking the small 6 mile section we did yesterday. I noticed somebody had made quite a few swales to divert the rainwater from the path into the woods, placed stones as natural steps on the steeper sections, and cut the many tree trunks that had fallen across the trail. I’m sure it takes an army of volunteers to keep the entire thing navigable from Maine to Georgia. Hats off to those who get out there and do the big work :salute: