In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

200 Chainsaws for $1

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Boog, Nov 1, 2013.

  1. Boog

    Boog

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    2,600
    Location:
    Where my spirit is free
    This ad caught my eye in the Columbus CL. Obviously I knew that you were not going to get 200 saws for $1, only "Mike from Maine" could do that. However it does sound like a good place to maybe find your next project saw cheap, maybe ................

    http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/4160538784.html

    200 Chainsaws for sale - $1 (whitehall)
    Good work saws!!
    Stihl ms210 - $175
    Husqvarna 359 w/20" - $250
    Jonsered 670 w/20" - $250

    I also bought a vintage chainsaw store and am selling off inventory.
    Several hundred macculloch, poulan, pioneer, homelite, Remington, echo, Husqvarna, Stihl and other brands of complete and parts saws from little craftman 20" for $5 to 103cc big boy saws in the $50 to $60 range, tons of used and new old stock parts, etc. None of the saws has been started or used in at least 5 years, all sold as is, but very inexpensive. If you are a saw guy there is something here for you :) Accepting offers on the whole lot as well.

    texts preferred 614-56two-4657
     
    savemoney likes this.
  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I have seen those ads posted elsewhere. He was a member at AS and had some "buys" going on. I have PM'd him awhile back and he is a nice guy.

    Would almost be worth the road trip. I'm redoing my basement and looking for good chainsaw Schwag. Want some stuff to hang down there.
     
  3. StihlHead

    StihlHead

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    1,289
    Location:
    The wild west
    Chainsaw schwag? I refer to think of it as bling... and doorstops.
     
  4. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Well, I need some doorstops and Bling for my basement remodel. The ol'Lady ordered me about a dozen tin signs and a couple Neons last night. Now I just need 2 or 3 old (Oooold) saws to hang above the bar or put on a shelf. :)

    Boog, if'n you go up there. Give me a ring.
     
  5. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    I paid Dave a visit the second weekend in September when he had his "yard sale". Spent $600 plus, came home with some saws, 215 loops of chain (some new), 3 rolls of chain, some parts, some literature and a hat.

    He had a table of $5 saws and I got several and was able to get a Craftsman badged Poulan 2400 up and running along with a $15 55 cc Partner.

    I was the first one there on Saturday but he had been open on Friday and sold some stuff. I suspect the saws are somewhat picked over, but he had cabinets of NOS parts.
     
    DexterDay and Boog like this.
  6. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Before the stuff was listed for sale elsewhere he had a post on AS saying 'send him a PM with your request & he'd email you back with shipping costs added...."


    I sent 3 PM's over 3 weeks & never heard a thing from him.REALLY wanted that Mac 790 103cc beast...It was $75 before shipping if I remember... :mad: