Good fun hunt. I saw a couple & called one in but they were not big enough or I didn't get a good enough view of them to be sure they were legal. Buddy got one, so I have meat in the freezer New area so I was moving my tree stand around a couple times, ended up in a black spruce thicket. Good view & able to get 15' up. For some reason I didn't take any pics of the moose but when I got there with the atv to haul it to camp, it was dark. Was down in 6" of water, got most of it in by midnight. slept well that night, got the rest the next morning, I imagine the bear in the area found it by now. One guy had a one come in raking, grunting & snorting, within 25 yards & was glad he was in a tree stand. Wasn't quite big enough either, but it gets the adrenaline running Some pics: Next years wood Hunted along a beaver dam & on clear days I could see McKinley My tree stand in a black spruce thicket
Resident moose tag for general moose hunting are easy to get. Just pick it up at sports stores of fish/game Some cow tags & restricted area hunts have a drawing for a few tags every year. tough to get them ( gotta be lucky )
I was wondering if being a resident had something to do with it. I've heard of people that've been entering the lotteries for years and still haven't drawn a tag. Like you say, gotta be lucky
Well even though, you, didn't get one you got some meat in the freezer and had a good time, stocked up on wood for next year.
One of the most fun hunts I've had. Great to be out camping away from everyone, with no roads to get there. running the boat, seeing game & great scenery Sitting around the camp fire at night with hunt buddies, just having a good time
Sure it would be nice to get one, but being out there and hanging out with your buddies, that's a big part of the whole experience great pics as always there Dave
Dave, that sounds like a great time you had. Those types of hunts are special to me, being too few and far between.
For sure it makes me want to go back to some of the hunts we've had. I love it when you can hunt for a week and not see another hunter! And no telephones.
Yea Was a great 10 hunt/camping trip. Don't have to pull the trigger to have fun. Next year we need a 12 volt, propane shower, the other guys started to smell, LOL
Smell?? I douche myself with enough cow elk urine, people look at me funny for weeks after season ends.
Hope your tree stand is high & strong. If there's a 2nd bull around & you may be sore in the morning. LOL