In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Husqvarna 460 Rancher

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Reloader, Apr 5, 2025.

  1. Reloader

    Reloader

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2015
    Messages:
    1,523
    Likes Received:
    14,378
    Location:
    NW Oregon
    I had a chance to run the new to me 460 Rancher with a 24” bar this afternoon.
    Cut up some of the ivy covered Alder log that fell last Winter.

    New chain started out cutting well but the ivy quickly dulled it.

    I thought the saw handled the 24” bar well but I didn’t cut long as it was a bit warm here this afternoon. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  2. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,775
    Likes Received:
    215,082
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    I wouldn't think ivy would dull a saw. Must be some tough stuff.
     
    metalcuttr, M2theB and eatonpcat like this.