We had a mulberry overhanging the rabbitry and after getting the neighbours permission (property line tree, better safe than sorry) I brought it down one branch at a time. The part hanging over the rabbitry we tossed my tow rope over and had 159 years of collective age pulling on the other end to bring it down where needed.
Glad it went smoothly! My brother and I took down a young poplar on our fenceline earlier this year as well. We kinda boogered up the fence though A few minutes with a 2x and some ratchet steps straightened it out though. Alls well that ends well
Good for you. Looks like that thing definitely needed to come down. Good too that the neighbors cooperated.
That thing looks like it was in pretty rough shape! Good you got in on the ground without issue. Not sure if that's mulberry though - looks more like sassafras with the "ash like" bark. Mulberry tends to be flakier, almost like hickory. Were the leaves smooth, or serrated?
Not a lot of sass in the area-- in fact until Saturday I didn't think we had any, but I spotted one at the apple orchard! I'm a mulberry addict, not one that I am likely to confuse except maybe with hedge-- but I'm ok with that.