First time I've seen one of these on Craigslist. New in Box Husqvarna 3120XP for Alpine Magnum - $1300 (Altoona) New in box Husqvarna 3120 XP with factory set up for the Alpine Magnum stump grinder. I purchased the unit as a backup, but then picked up another complete Alpine Magnum stump grinder. When I ordered the power head, I also ordered the parts needed to (quickly) convert it back to chainsaw use. Those parts (stock muffler, side cover/chain brake, etc.), are included in the sale. Also included in the sale is a brand new 3/8 pitch 36" Australian-made (high quality) GB pro bar and 8-pin 3/8 and 7-pin .404 sprockets. The price is firm. My phone (# in the contact box above) does not receive text messages.
I figured the milling area would be the place to post this. I can't see what use it would be for cutting firewood. I don't have a milling setup of any kind. I don't have the hardware, I don't have a work area where it would be socially acceptable to make the noise involved in ripping lumber from logs, I don't have a vehicle to transport large planks and I don't have a place to dry more than a few large planks, yet I feel vaguely covetous when I see machines like this. There's a guy on AS trying to trade away a 395 for a Stihl of some variety, and that makes no more sense for me than this does but I still keep looking at it.
They're heavy pigs for firewood. I've used them before for it as I did the 084 and 088. It just depends how far from the truck you're going really.
For years the 3120XP was the saw I wanted for milling & any big stuff.But after I got the 2100CD & the Mac 125C,that quickly changed.
I ran a 125c and a ported 3120 last weekend. The 125 is unstoppable. Not that fast but huge torque. The ported 3120 was out of this world. This is the 3120 ran by the builder Randy Evans.Wish I had a video of the mac.
That's a dang nice saw. Tree company I work for has one that gets busted out for flush cutting BIG stumps when the 660 won't cut it (pun intended). It's a heavy pig, but man it's a beast. Seems like a good deal