In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Knot For Me, but I'll Take the Rest

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Nov 5, 2024.

  1. showrguy

    showrguy

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2016
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    918
    Location:
    Marysville, Pa.
    I
    was’nt remembrin right, that trunk was silver, not sugar…. Duh.
     
  2. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,563
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Around here, up until about 100 years ago there were a lot of cedar swamps. Atlantic white cedar (actually a type of cypress), there is one preservaton on Cape Cod. There is a restoration cypress swamp in/near Fall River somewhere. Too many were cut down for shingles years ago and red maple came up in their stead.
    In the swampy area I own there are a few American white cedars still but they can't compete with red maple and the deer chow down on the seedlings just like they do arborvitae. When more humans hunted deer the native species had more of a chance.
     
  3. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,487
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Yep. First thought I had was that was silver maple, not sugar
     
  4. Cash Larue

    Cash Larue

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2019
    Messages:
    2,531
    Likes Received:
    21,012
    Location:
    Pine, CO
    Nice grab, Brad!! I’d tackle that big ol’ trunk:saw:
     
  5. John D

    John D

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2024
    Messages:
    1,430
    Likes Received:
    7,283
    Location:
    Syracuse ny
    Really not one of you see the middle finger
     
    The Wood Wolverine likes this.
  6. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,466
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Well, now that you mention it.. :rofl: :lol:
     
    John D and buZZsaw BRAD like this.
  7. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,784
    Likes Received:
    215,170
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    X2
     
    John D and The Wood Wolverine like this.