In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The calendar moves every year…

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Eric VW, Nov 4, 2024.

  1. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Just throwing this out there because, well- life happens…
    The calendar has realigned with dates falling on the same days as 5 years ago- and that is significant because yesterday (Sunday the 3rd of 2024/2019) was the last time I spoke with my dad… a regularly held weekend phone call. Tuesday of 2019 at 10:54pm I got the worst gut/soul stabbing call from my mom, telling me my dad had committed suicide.
    New chapter of life thus beginning.
    May you be at rest, dad. You were my best 72 year old friend. I miss & love you and thank you for everything you ever taught me.
    Love your 2nd son,
    Eric

    Give every family member a hug while you can, FHC!!!
     
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,648
    Likes Received:
    144,591
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Rest In Peace Dad. I wonder if your's and mine have met eachother up there.
     
  3. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Eric my heart still goes out to you. That was a terrible thing to happen and I know it changed your life. Keep your chin up. Your dad would expect that.
     
  4. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,853
    Likes Received:
    121,382
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I had an aunt I was very close with all through my youth take her own life as a result of a terminal diagnosis from a brain tumor. It’s been many years but it just doesn’t get any easier. Brings a tear every time. :( I will forever remember that visit from my mom and sister to deliver the news.

    Deepest sympathy Eric.
     
  5. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,115
    Likes Received:
    163,199
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Liked for acknowledgment only...but I stand with you in whatever it takes to continue on, with that huge hole left behind...
     
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,361
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.