In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Going to have to make the best of an unfortunate situation.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by EODMSgt, Jun 30, 2024.

1. EODMSgt

EODMSgt

Only took two pics early this morning as it just got too busy and I didn't bother taking any more. Final tally was seven red oaks, four white birch, and five hemlocks (everything was standing dead). Lots of cleanup, log stacking, etc. today and everything is pretty much done (except for me processing the wood). I did end up selling seven 16' logs to offset some of the cost. I was going to keep everything but have to be realistic about how much I can get processed myself, and the fact I still have at least 44 more standing dead hardwood trees to take down in the future. Even though the oak is less than two years dead, it's already getting to the point where the mills wouldn't want any, so I figured I'd sell some from this lot and keep the rest for firewood when they're taken down. Didn't get much for the logs, but it helps a bit. Even with selling the seven logs, I have plenty left and will processing this until well after the snow flies.

Also wanted to give a shout out to two forum members: Well Seasoned and stuckinthemuck for offering to come over and help in taking these oaks down. If I hadn't run into the logger, I definitely would have been taking you up on your offer.

20241018_102059.jpg 20241018_102350.jpg