In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Out for delivery :banana::banana::banana::banana:. :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Dpopps, imacman, bogieb and 1 other person like this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Me 2

My power station is due today! Got to get my solar panels up on da roof!

3. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

WHAT DID'EM YOU GET ME GOT'UM NEW TOY a 888 model II get all signals takes 2 antennas

imacman and jtakeman like this.
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

One of those all in one power stations. It's a Pecron E1500LFP to power the lights and a few outlets in da garage. 2 540w solar panels to recharge it.

What em you get fir a toy?

Dpopps and imacman like this.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

What'um brand yous 540 watters? Tried to get solar rip off company to use some 500+ watters ended discussion.

imacman likes this.
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

ET Solar ET-M772BH540TW

Bought from local guy on FB market place. The fella bought a pallet of them and didn't need them all. So I got a deal on 2 of them for the price of 1. Actually less than the cost of one panel locally. I could not find a better price unless I shipped from cali, I doubt UPS-Fedex would care for them and they'd be destroyed on arrival!!

imacman, bogieb and SmokeyTheBear like this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

From north of border not a made in Xi's country, yup good choice.

8. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Hard to find anything made here these days! :(

9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

My 2 meter beam is made here by a veteran.

Dpopps, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

It says today by 9:00PM coming :ups:it hit South Portland at 3 something this morning so I'll pretend [ no longer must one pretend ] it is out for delivery just connector changers my high frequency antennas have UHF plugs the SMA sockets on the SDR requires a changer,my HF antenna is on LMR-400 coax and has an SMA plug go figure.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2024
    bogieb, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Playin today! :D

Maybe tippin a few too. Dang hot on a asphalt roof!

IMG_0181b.JPG

12. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

13. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

That's a sore subject due to the latest rate hikes and assistance charge they tacked on. :picard:

imacman likes this.
  14. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Me pointed such stuff out to the solar rip off company,he had his hands full with me. Nothing stays the same. And they are just in it for the tax credits... Not on my watch.

savemoney likes this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

I haven't had to pay the electric company anything since the bill for February 2023 usage (activation of the solar array was late November 2022). That bill was only $35 and $14 of that is just to be hooked up to the grid.

Last winter I used my credits from net metering to run my mini split for heat most of the 2023-24 winter. I used only 2.6 tons of pellets instead of my normal 4-6 tons of pellets - most of the pellet usage was for the basement stove since that is the only heat source down there. I still ended the winter with about $350 worth of credits. I chose to let those credits stay in case of a huge rate hike before this coming winter season as they did a couple of years ago (rate went up 50% that time). Credits are good in perpetuity. Next March, depending on how things go, I'll probably take the payout.

16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Looking at the quote's we got on solar. All the state and fed rebates were the first to come off. The only difference I see is the labor cost and price mark ups on materials between the 3 quotes. The cheaper quote has less material mark up. But higher labor quote.

Me do myself is the only way me can afford and it will be just basically a back up or enough to reduce our daily juice hoggy-ness. We do consume much e-juice in dis shack being pretty much all electric. No difference from the lake shack really.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    Dpopps, bogieb and imacman like this.
  17. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Been interesting around here.

Trying to get back to the outdoor cleaning.....Grass has been so dry that I have not wanted to run the 3 point mower behind the tractor for fear of a spark setting the grass on fire and burning down the place.

Got to work with the string trimmer the other day until it gave up....(Carburetor died) So I ordered a "Tuneup kit" Comes with a new Carb, fuel filter, 3 air filters, primer bulb, fuel hose, gaskets and a fresh spark plug $12.95
    Got that installed yesterday morning and the little Husqvarna 323C runs perfect again.

Sadly the string trimmers by themselves will only do so much.
    Was looking at the Multi-Function trimmers.

Ordered up a new 4 cycle power head with the String trimmer, pole saw, Articulating hedge trimmer, brush cutter .....Just pull the string trimmer off and snap on the tool needed.
    Also many other tools available......

The Hedge trimmer is the answer for blackberry bushes along the barns under the eaves and other places the birds Chit.......

The hedge trimmer goes through berry bushes like Chit through a goose and with the long pole on the machine you can stay out of the reach of the nasty thorns....Whack them bushes down right nicely

I am looking forward to getting the new machine here and get after the bushes.

We bought a Ryobi 18Volt hedge trimmer a few years ago.....It is OK....But the batteries just do not last long enough.......
    The 4 cycle power head....(No need to mix the gas/oil) This will be much nicer.....The 2 stroke engines are annoying with the garbage gas we have (ALCOHOL 10%) and even when using the special oil it still messes up the carburetors ...Hence the need to replace the carbs.....

I got the unit from the Depot.....Was $260 (With Pats Military discount)
    Green unit...31cc with the attachments .

WE had a very unusual T storm roll through yesterday afternoon (We rarely get big boomers on the west side of the Cascade Mt's) Usually we might get the little one shot wonders and a few rain drops.

We picked up 3/4" of rain last night.....We needed it too....Settle the dust, dampen the fire danger a lot......

Dpopps, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  18. Earl764

Earl764

Joining the wood stove gang this year but will still have the pellet stove.

Getting an insert installed in a few weeks.

19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Brodie went to get his heart worm check up to see if they are all gone. Then he can go on the preventative meds. Seems his diet is the only diet that works in dis house. Can't call him a porker anymore. He's just a chonk now.

Went from 64 pounds down to 57 since may.

20. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Oink????

imacman, savemoney and jtakeman like this.