In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fall wood cutting taking shape

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Locust Post, Aug 15, 2024 at 7:08 PM.

1. Locust Post

Locust Post

Got a call last week from a guy about a mile away that I dropped some trees to clear a spot for a pole building maybe 5 years ago. He has 6 or 7 more good sized ones that needs to come down plus several already blown over. 2 overhang a pavilion that I recommended a climber that worked for me back in 2020. I met said climber there tonight and those 2 will get chunked down next week. The rest will wait till cooler Sept days before I work on them. A mix of maple and beech.

2. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Always good to have a source to replace what will be burned over the next several months.

3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Sounds like some good stuff. Nice to be lining up future btu's. We are always on the hunt aren't we?.

Gonna see if I could empty some racks early enough to refill prior to January. Hopefully I can get enough scores in 3-4 months.

4. Locust Post

Locust Post

Now I need to haul some splits to a widow lady to free up an area for new rounds.
    Have some cherry almost ready at 22%, she has an old greenhouse she stores in that will finish it off.

5. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine