In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

9-20-14 C/s/s

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by NYCountry, Sep 20, 2014.

  1. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    The loads of oak I got are all split and stacked but will have to restack once I get more rebar. Thanks to my helpers...
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Family affair.
     
    NYCountry likes this.
  3. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Gotta teach em young
     
    Locust Post and Stinny like this.
  4. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :axe:... :yes:
     
    NYCountry likes this.
  5. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Good to have great helpers NY ;) :)
     
    NYCountry and Stinny like this.
  6. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    It sure is. I don't like when they stay inside and play on the iPad gotta keep em busy
     
  7. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    You sound like a great dad NY, the family that splits together stays together. :axe:
     
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    So true NY. My childhood was the same as many on here, I would guess. Out the door in the morning... play all day with my buddies, all 4 seasons... back home at 5. We were so active, no one ever wanted to be inside. I know, if the tech toys had been available then tho, it would have drastically changed the activity... and the results.

    So... good for you "steering" your kids to active stuff. Getting them, and keeping them interested is the challenge. If they like campfires and woodstoves... the wood duty might always be fun... :yes: Good luck.
     
  9. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I agree with you. I was the same way. I had so much as a kid that I didn't think about eating just playing all day. The tech toys today mess up a lot of kids especially with the obesity. They love the camp fires especially when it's s'more time.
     
    papadave, Locust Post and Stinny like this.
  10. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I try my best. Gotta show them that it's good to work hard because you get awarded so I take them to toys r us every time they help me outside. They ask me dad are we doing the wood today? We sure are...let's do it..
     
  11. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    like x3
     
    Stinny and NYCountry like this.
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    What are you using the rebar for?
     
  13. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I use it to for my stacks hold those bad boys and it's 10feet high so I can stack a nice amount in a single row
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  14. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Good work NYCountry. Nice splitter, great helpers! Good to see another NYer here. You are about 5.5 hours south and east of me. Hell, I could almost throw you a cold beer from here.
     
    NYCountry likes this.
  15. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Thanks Gas. Gotta start them young just like me. Not too far..