Mrs loon was a dragging quite a few dead ones today with the 4 wheeler and a quick guesstimate is about 50 trees now. Still lots out there but might start dealing with these before i get cutting again.
Ya she is nosey schlot Could do that rotti but the 3 of them drain my pocketbook as it is. We got some splitting done before it got dark tonite.
Thanks woods Got alot done yesterday and it was nice not to be sweating too bad Heading up to the deercamp this weekend but might get some more done Sunday?
Didnt make the trip to the camp so Mrs loon and the 170 got busy with some of the elm that was dragged up.
Yes they do drain the wallet. Every time I go to the vet, I really lay out a lot. If it were only food and treats, that would be more manageable. But, just like us, they get sick, and they get a lot of shots. I'm not taking my cats back for shorts for a long time. They are strictly indoor cats. I already lost one because of some immunizations. The dogs tolerate the shots better.
Different field? The one in the background sure isn't the one. Yeah, I'll bet one time is enough for you to help with each year.
The lower fields would be worth it but the baler is tucked away nicely in the barn. There is another very large dead elm deep in the woods i might go and deal with today but calling for rain so might just end up reinforcing my little 4 wheeler trailer.
Nice work by all involved Loon. Great pics. Elm is nice burning wood. I have some in the piles I will be burning later this season when it is good and dry. Do you have to do anything to keep the front butt of the tree from digging into the ground when pulling with the four wheeler? Any chance it could hit something like a rock or stump in the ground and cause the front of the wheeler to come up and over?
With the bike it might take a couple pulls at first to adjust the strap/chain so the notched side is facing down Gas. Other than that its a gamble. But that does seem to work well. 90% of them are dealt with at the site or brought up with the tractor.
Rain quit earlier and got the notion to go get that dead elm that was deep in the woods. It will be cut up and split there as no way i could get it out. Boom's made the trip again.