In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tried a Big Mac today.....

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by MasterMech, Oct 5, 2013.

  1. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    And I ain't talkin' about hamburgers. :D

    Ok guys, I went to a get together. But it wasn't a FHC G2G. :( I still had a blast tho.

    IMG_0314.JPG

    You know your gettin' some cutting done when they are clearing cookies and chips with a tractor/front loader. :)

    IMG_0315.JPG

    070 with an 090 top end. Yeah, I ran it. :cool:

    IMG_0313.JPG

    This is maybe 3/4's of the saws that were there. My three are closest in the foreground.

    IMG_0316.JPG

    OMG - there's a kart saw here! Guys! Guys! GUYS! Did ya see the kart saw?! Did Ya?!

    IMG_0317.JPG

    Doesn't get much better than that for Big Mac muscle!

    IMG_0318.JPG

    Check the muffler on the kart saw.... More like a mega-phone! damm that thing was loud!

    IMG_0319.JPG

    Diggin the roller nose bars these were wearing!

    IMG_0320.JPG

    There are more pics and vid of the G2G stuff on the thread at AS. (Including vid of those Mac's....) It was Spike60's G2G. I would post a link but they're having "technical difficulties" at the moment. :eek:ops:

    Also got my mitts on a Husky 3120, a Dolmar 421, the Husky 550XP and 562XP, both stock and ported. A rotary engine Dolmar, Ported Stihl 460, 461, 066. There was a Husky 61 Rancher there with a 272XP motor in it. :D Ran the cordless Oregon saw too.

    Running all those 100+ cc saws has changed me. This is gonna be expensive. The main thing I learned today is that I do NOT have NEARLY enough chainsaws. o_O:D
     
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    We need drooling smileys here. Damm!
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  3. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Holy.Crap.:eek:
     
  4. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Its not a saw (kinda went overboard during the summer with my new ''projects" :eek:ops:) but this arrived today.Last one of the 3 different ones on the shelf now.
    The pint gear case one arrived on Thursday.Both from early-late '50's.
     

    Attached Files:

    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      119.6 KB
      Views:
      2
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      131.7 KB
      Views:
      1
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      126.5 KB
      Views:
      2
    • 025.JPG
      025.JPG
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
      2
  5. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    Sounds like a great time! So now what's your next saw going to be?o_O:D
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Looks like some skip chains to me :)
     
  7. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Big :D
     
  8. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Very cool MM that would be a great saw for Zombie stopping !:p
     
  9. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    There were a few saws wearing skip, including one of mine. But most were running full comp.
     
  10. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Those ol' Big Macs kicked azz.....in fact they still DO kick azz.....
    I'm sure Thistle is wetting his pants right now looking at those saws!!:rolleyes:

    I have a 48" roller tip bar on the ported 051 I have, and I'll agree, those old roller nose bars are cool! I gotta get after that 075/076AV Super project that is in boxes in my barn loft....then I'll be out looking for a 6' bar to put on that beast. Maybe I'll have it done by the GTG!!
    I should probably send that saw to MasterMind and have him work his magic on it....did he make the move to here yet??

    Heres a couple pics of my 051 with the rollertip on it......

    100_3056.JPG

    100_3058.JPG
     
    HDRock, MasterMech, DexterDay and 2 others like this.
  11. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Awesome pics!! Looks like a great time MM!!

    Yep, I see a 90cc Monster in your future!


    And I never get tired of seeing those pics Scotty!! Nice :)
     
  12. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    The mulch maker :cool:
     

    Attached Files:

  13. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
  14. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Mine will probably be a bit more modern. After all, I wanna do work with it!

    Never know tho, I might build a toy...
     
  15. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Vintage muscle is where its at!!! :cool:
     
    MasterMech and Scotty Overkill like this.
  16. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Thistle, although it's the Macs that gave me wood :cool:, the 3120 I ran was like climbing in a Rolls Royce. I would NEVER want to run a non-AV 090 for work however.
     
  17. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I didnt mean an old saw. I have a 90cc Monster. And it is only a couple years old.

    With that said...



    The old muscle is Bad @zz!! And I would love to have a nice 090 or a Contra!!

    Just because :)

    Here is a silly pic. 16" bar on a 95cc saw :) Love it!! I also have a pic somewhere of my 036 Pro with a 32"!! LOL..
    20130925_172257.jpg
     
    HDRock, MasterMech and thistle like this.
  18. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Up to about 2 1/2 years ago I always wanted a 3120 for the mill.But couldn't really justify the $1900+ local price for a new one.Started checking around & all that I heard was though the 3120 was the most powerful new Husky sold,it was slower & heavier than the legendary 288XP & 2100CD from the late & early-mid 80's,respectively.Sold my vintage Poulan Pro 475 (77cc beast bought new in 1994,its same saw as the Jred 2077 & older Partner 7700 before the Elux takeover in late '80s,just different color plastics.) to finance part of my next acquisitions,which soon included the 288,2100 & Mac SP125C.

    Besides....now I have 3 vintage monster saws to play with in excellent running condition that actually cost a bit less than that 312o.....:cool:They hold their value very well,demand is high which is one reason it took me quite a while to find ones in good shape at a fair price that weren't uber-expensive rebuilt ones or a cheap basketcase that was basically beat to death.
     
  19. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Wow that's awesome! Cant wait to get that going at our G2G this spring
     
  20. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Yes most of these are this LOUD,mine included.If I hadn't started wearing ear protection in my mid 20's (long before it was mandatory on most commercial construction jobs) I'd been deaf already....

    If you ever need any NOS or hard to find parts + any tech advice,or even want to know a bit more history of these legendary beasts - here's your guy.Once in a while he even has one of them for sale on Ebay,plus regularly sells parts for lots of vintage brands.And you can get lucky & buy something before he lists it for auction,saves getting sniped in the last few seconds by another bidder.....