In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Wife Is Pulling My Leg,....has To Be...

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Beetle-Kill, Sep 18, 2014.

  1. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Check this out.
    Today I received the SB-47 for the "impractical" thing. Installed it after work and, dang.. it really fits nice.
    After hunching around playing CQB warrior, I handed it to her. She did the same and then...she claims it for her own!! But the best part follows-
    She- How much ammo do we have?
    Me- Well, about X-much of this, and X-much of that, and X-much of..
    She- It's not enough.-(flat out, plain statement)
    Me- Uhm, you do realize I just picked up X-much of "this" don't you?!?
    She- Yes. It's not enough.
    Color me stunned. So I ask if she knows what all this costs? And this stunned me-
    She- Yes I know. You need to spend $200.00 on ammo every two weeks, 3 at most. We need to stock-up.
    Me- Are you frickin' serious??
    She- Yes.
    If I wasn't so happy to hear her say that, I'd be worried. But, she's been paying attention to local and national events lately, so becoming more aware of current stuff. Thinkin' of the future I hope.
    Still think she might be pulling my leg a bit.
     
  2. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Does she have a sister who is single?...........LOL
     
  3. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,766
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Did you get that in writing? :rofl: :lol:... But seriously :yes:
     
  4. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Mines the same way. We've been buying ammo any time we can afford it.
     
    splitoak, Beetle-Kill and clemsonfor like this.
  5. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    interesting....I'm not so sure that would work here
    Although when I went to the most recent gun show last weekend
    I was green lighted for one item under $600.
     
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Well BK, I think you know what to do.
    Do not hesitate, do not pass go,.......just go and load up as much as you can afford.
    Every time I see a news report about some whack job killing people, every one is all jacked up about how many guns and ammo the guy has........like they know what they're talking about.
    Like anybody who has a few guns and a few thousand rounds of ammo is also a nutjob.
    Very annoying.
    Anyway, I'd say you got a keeper.
     
  7. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    RUN, don't walk, to the ammo depot! Buy all you can 'cuz if a certain person comes around in 2016, the ammo scare will happen all over again.
     
  8. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    What are you waiting for you might make her mad :rofl: :lol:
    Sounds like my wife! Heck she comes home with new guns lol
     
  9. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Rottiman, she does have a sister who's single. She is kinda high maint. though and her broom is always in the shop.
     
    My IS heats my home and mdavlee like this.
  10. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Okay, forget it. I don't need the ammo that badly..............LOL
     
  11. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    You have chosen... wisely. :rofl: :lol:
     
    Chvymn99, mdavlee and rottiman like this.