In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Sales still above last year

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by EODDiver, Feb 25, 2023.

1. EODDiver

EODDiver

Tomorrow’s customer is a Solo stove burner. All white oak with smaller splits. Feeding Solos is a growing part of my business.
    IMG_0683.jpeg

WinonaRail, RCBS, metalcuttr and 3 others like this.
  2. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Are those 16" splits?

metalcuttr likes this.
  3. EODDiver

EODDiver

Yep, pretty much everything I sell these days is in the 15.5" to 16.5" range. All the shorts, longs, and uglies feed my parent's wood stove. With warmer weather, my Solo stove customers are blowing up my phone. I have a large amount of smaller spilt white oak that I feed to these customers. Nothing burning better IMO. Wish I would have taken a picture of today's customer's Solo stove. He had every additional item they sell. Probably 1k invested in it. Start my Lopi wood stove install tomorrow. Turned down two deliveries for tomorrow. Some people want firewood today or not at all. Have learned to blow these people off for a better quality of life. My restaurant two face cord delivery yesterday.
    IMG_0678.jpeg

4. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

I have to put 4 rows of 16" splits stacked to the top of truck bed to get.a full 1/3 cord on it.

Chvymn99 and Haftacut like this.
  5. EODDiver

EODDiver

Used a laser level to mark the center spot for cutting out the ceiling support box. Had to cut one ceiling joist and frame in for support. Happy I haven't had any delivery requests so far during this project. Will be dry Tuesday, so going through the roof then to complete the project. IMG_0995.jpeg

moresnow, WeldrDave, Haftacut and 3 others like this.
  6. EODDiver

EODDiver

Ceiling support box all framed in and roof joists cut and framed in. Ready to cut through the roof this week when weather is dry. My neighbor is an absolute professional. He actually made everything stronger while providing a perfectly straight path upward. Supposed to get colder this coming weekend, so hope to be burning some of my awesome white oak and hickory then. Haven't sold a stick of firewood in three days, but sort of thankful I didn't have the distraction from my firewood stove install.
    IMG_0689.jpeg

RCBS, Haftacut, booneatl and 4 others like this.
  7. EODDiver

EODDiver

Since I purchased my wood stove and the require piping and fittings two weeks ago, I have been less concerned about selling firewood and more focused on saving the best seasoned stuff for my own use. I think burning my own wood will make me a better seller since I will have a first hand understanding of all the aspects of burning firewood. Length, diameter, species, moisture content and etc. Finally bagged a delivery for tomorrow after a three day drought.

8. EODDiver

EODDiver

My custom built heart pad should be finished in a day or two and then will punch through the roof and complete the stove install. My neighbor went over the top framing everything in from the ceiling support box, to another plumb support section to cutting and framing in the roof joists. The bricks provide the required 2" flammable material clearance. IMG_0691.jpeg IMG_0690.jpeg

Attached Files:

RCBS, booneatl and Chvymn99 like this.
  9. EODDiver

EODDiver

Nice to have smart talented friends and a wife much smarter than me. My wife designed the shape of the heart pad (which meets all the standoff distances) and I found a fabricating place to make it out of 1/8" steel with a black powder coating. I am just the dumb knuckle dragging firewood guy who provides the Benjamins for everything.
    IMG_0667.jpeg

Moparguy, T.Jeff Veal and Chvymn99 like this.
  10. Warner

Warner

What is a heart pad?

11. EODDiver

EODDiver

My HD Ram bed is 6'4" long. I neatly stack four rows and fill the extra 12" space all to 18". About 45 cuft after subtracting the wheel wells. And I add on a 1 cuft bundle of kindling for each purchase. IMG_1094.jpeg

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  12. EODDiver

EODDiver

By code, my Lopi firewood stove must have a non-flammable material surrounding the wood stove on the floor. Six inches back and sides, and 16" in front of the wood stove face. Having sold eight houses so far in my life, I do not want a home inspector slamming me on my wood stove installation. Could get expensive to correct any problems.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  13. Warner

Warner

Wow, eight whole houses! You go girl.

Moparguy, MikeInMa and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  14. EODDiver

EODDiver

Buy your homes over a 26 year military career vice renting and it adds up quickly.

Haftacut, Moparguy and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  15. Warner

Warner

Your service is greatly appreciated. However a little humility goes a long way.

16. Dok440

Dok440

You will love it! They are well made. Congrats on the Lopi!

EODDiver and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  17. Moparguy

Moparguy

You sir are an inspiration. I feel like I'm in good company in TN.

18. Moparguy

Moparguy

Cool! What a neat idea to cruise Nashvegas in an old Bronco and learn of the rich history of Music City itself.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  19. EODDiver

EODDiver

And I am delivering white oak and hickory to the Nashville Tractor. They use tractors to pull party tour busses through Nashville. They provide food all day to the tourists at their headquarters. My first commercial customer that tips.
    IMG_0693.jpeg

WinonaRail and Moparguy like this.
  20. EODDiver

EODDiver

A non-flammable mat under the wood stove with overlapping dimensions to meet the wood stove's requirements. 6" back and sides and 16" from the front. Guessing to catch any hot embers that might spill out of the stove to protect the floor?