In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Creatures of Habit

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Eric Wanderweg, Dec 21, 2023.

1. JimBear

JimBear

I used to let one of my daughters use me as a guinea pig, as she wanted to be a stylist. My wife & her sister would constantly want to “fix”it.
    The local veterinarian who was a family friend & cut my hair for years, always said “ the only difference between a good haircut & a bad haircut is 2 weeks.”

I like to change things up just to keep my grandkids, nieces & nephews on their toes.

4”-8” mop with full untrimmed beard

mop with no beard

crew cut & clean shaven

Full beard with shaved melon or crew cut

I tried sporting some lamb chops with a mop but my wife was ready to dial her attorney.

huskihl, wildwest, Moparguy and 6 others like this.
  2. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

I rocked a Joe Dirt back in the day.

huskihl, wildwest, Moparguy and 5 others like this.
  3. bogieb

bogieb

I don't know how it is with guys, but women are constantly told what style they should be wearing for their age. "They" are happy to tell you what you should and shouldn't do with your hair at every stage of life, from your 30's, 40's and especially what WHAT NO WOMAN AFTER 50 (or sometimes it's 40) SHOULD EVER HAVE AS A HAIRSTYLE. Uggh.

In my late teens, I had my long straight hair cut for feathering (just the bangs) and kept that for a long time. Easy to care for and easy enough for me to trim up myself. I tried shorter hair in my 30's (my big nose stuck out then - and my ex actually burst into laughter when I walked in the door). Okay, I wasn't a fan of short hair regardless of how it made me look, so that was a 1 and done. I tried perming for some light curls and body in my 40's- I actually liked that for about 5 years, but disliked having to use mousse to keep the curls/body right, plus I had to go in on a regular basis for a touch-up.

Then I went back to long hair with feathered bangs, and I've kept that because it is what I like as easy maintenance and I think I look best in that style. I don't care what anyone else thinks and I certainly don't care what "they" say.

4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Watch it sucker!!

[​IMG]

metalcuttr, Ron T, wildwest and 6 others like this.
  5. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

:rofl: :lol:
    :salute:

You know we love ya, B.

6. Moparguy

Moparguy

I just keep my beard trimmed between short and "mustache is getting in my mouth". But apparently I look exactly like James Gandolfini according to the new guy at NAPA and my coworkers thanks to the one I actually get along with pointing it out to everyone with these pictures.

I'm fine with looking like a redneck mobster so I don't see a need to change it up.

Screenshot_20231222-110346~2.png

Screenshot_20231222-110017~2.png

MikeInMa, brenndatomu, JD Guy and 9 others like this.
  7. LCBug

LCBug

Good for you and more power to you! Rules are meant to be broken and I intend to be one to do it, also. Mom told me when I was young that by 30 yrs old no more long hair. That was half a lifetime ago and except for one short haircut in 3rd grade I've been rocking long hair. When I leave this world it'll still be long if I have any say (the good Lord willing).

Yup, did that today. Been doing it for years, probably should have the neighbor woman even it out but I don't care much. Everybody should feel the same...

brenndatomu, metalcuttr and wildwest like this.
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I avoid haircuts! :D

9. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

To cheap is my observation.

10. theburtman

theburtman

I avoid haircuts too. For me it's a control thing. Once you have committed and started you are stuck in that chair for the next 20 minutes.

11. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Me, i just have long hair.

12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I always wore my hair long - half way down my back. I would tie it back when we started sailing but it would always come loose. One day was really frustrating as it came loose and was everywhere. I made an appointment and told the hairdresser I wanted it one inch long all over. I thought she was going to refuse to do it. She did it and she was right It was too short but it was great for sailing until it grew out some. Now that I am older, shoulder length hair with a hair band is my style. Fine fly away hair doesn't get any better the older you get.

13. Softwood

Softwood

Another perk of being bald. I haven't had to pay a barber in literal decades! Just have to buy a new Wahl hair trimmer every 10 years or so. Put the 1/4" or 1/2" piece on (depending on outside temps:D), and let'r rip..

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

What do you shave if you're bald? Sideburns, neck ?

15. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

Are sure you want that answered. :rofl: :lol:

16. Softwood

Softwood

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

17. JiminyKicket

JiminyKicket

I have a medium length beard, and this summer I spontaneously trimmed off just the mustache. Sort of Abraham Lincoln, sort of Amish. It looked dumb—not sure what I was thinking. Wife and kids HATED it.

18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

19. billb3

billb3

Wow, some people sure do have thin skin.

20. Theashhole

Theashhole

I've actually started going back to a barber, last one retired (after 47 yrs!) The guy he sold it to has been on/off. So, I don't want to cut my own anymore and found another barber 2 minutes away and I've finally found a haircut I like, that's not just a buzz cut!