And I ain't talkin' about hamburgers. Ok guys, I went to a get together. But it wasn't a FHC G2G. I still had a blast tho. You know your gettin' some cutting done when they are clearing cookies and chips with a tractor/front loader. 070 with an 090 top end. Yeah, I ran it. This is maybe 3/4's of the saws that were there. My three are closest in the foreground. OMG - there's a kart saw here! Guys! Guys! GUYS! Did ya see the kart saw?! Did Ya?! Doesn't get much better than that for Big Mac muscle! Check the muffler on the kart saw.... More like a mega-phone! damm that thing was loud! Diggin the roller nose bars these were wearing! There are more pics and vid of the G2G stuff on the thread at AS. (Including vid of those Mac's....) It was Spike60's G2G. I would post a link but they're having "technical difficulties" at the moment. ops: Also got my mitts on a Husky 3120, a Dolmar 421, the Husky 550XP and 562XP, both stock and ported. A rotary engine Dolmar, Ported Stihl 460, 461, 066. There was a Husky 61 Rancher there with a 272XP motor in it. Ran the cordless Oregon saw too. Running all those 100+ cc saws has changed me. This is gonna be expensive. The main thing I learned today is that I do NOT have NEARLY enough chainsaws.
Its not a saw (kinda went overboard during the summer with my new ''projects" ops but this arrived today.Last one of the 3 different ones on the shelf now. The pint gear case one arrived on Thursday.Both from early-late '50's.
Those ol' Big Macs kicked azz.....in fact they still DO kick azz..... I'm sure Thistle is wetting his pants right now looking at those saws!! I have a 48" roller tip bar on the ported 051 I have, and I'll agree, those old roller nose bars are cool! I gotta get after that 075/076AV Super project that is in boxes in my barn loft....then I'll be out looking for a 6' bar to put on that beast. Maybe I'll have it done by the GTG!! I should probably send that saw to MasterMind and have him work his magic on it....did he make the move to here yet?? Heres a couple pics of my 051 with the rollertip on it......
Awesome pics!! Looks like a great time MM!! Yep, I see a 90cc Monster in your future! And I never get tired of seeing those pics Scotty!! Nice
OK guys, here's the link now that AS is up at the moment.... http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=244097&p=4538260&viewfull=1#post4538260 And a vid of that kart saw... Another... And the 797 with a 090 (070 w/090 top end) in the background. And this was last year but that's exactly what Lee did this year when we needed another table for lunch!
Mine will probably be a bit more modern. After all, I wanna do work with it! Never know tho, I might build a toy...
Thistle, although it's the Macs that gave me wood , the 3120 I ran was like climbing in a Rolls Royce. I would NEVER want to run a non-AV 090 for work however.
I didnt mean an old saw. I have a 90cc Monster. And it is only a couple years old. With that said... The old muscle is Bad @zz!! And I would love to have a nice 090 or a Contra!! Just because Here is a silly pic. 16" bar on a 95cc saw Love it!! I also have a pic somewhere of my 036 Pro with a 32"!! LOL..
Up to about 2 1/2 years ago I always wanted a 3120 for the mill.But couldn't really justify the $1900+ local price for a new one.Started checking around & all that I heard was though the 3120 was the most powerful new Husky sold,it was slower & heavier than the legendary 288XP & 2100CD from the late & early-mid 80's,respectively.Sold my vintage Poulan Pro 475 (77cc beast bought new in 1994,its same saw as the Jred 2077 & older Partner 7700 before the Elux takeover in late '80s,just different color plastics.) to finance part of my next acquisitions,which soon included the 288,2100 & Mac SP125C. Besides....now I have 3 vintage monster saws to play with in excellent running condition that actually cost a bit less than that 312o.....They hold their value very well,demand is high which is one reason it took me quite a while to find ones in good shape at a fair price that weren't uber-expensive rebuilt ones or a cheap basketcase that was basically beat to death.
Yes most of these are this LOUD,mine included.If I hadn't started wearing ear protection in my mid 20's (long before it was mandatory on most commercial construction jobs) I'd been deaf already.... If you ever need any NOS or hard to find parts + any tech advice,or even want to know a bit more history of these legendary beasts - here's your guy.Once in a while he even has one of them for sale on Ebay,plus regularly sells parts for lots of vintage brands.And you can get lucky & buy something before he lists it for auction,saves getting sniped in the last few seconds by another bidder.....