In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

It's that kind of night.....

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Certified106, Sep 14, 2014.

  1. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Well after a crazy busy summer this is the first weekend that I haven't worked 20-30 hours and am finally getting to sit down and relax so this is how I am enjoying it!

    IMG_20140914_191538.jpg

    I am really thankful that things are finally slowing down a bit. On top of taking over our Product Engineering department at work and putting in 50 plus hours a week my HVAC business (which used to just be a few side jobs for spending cash) has been picking up like crazy. Thus summer I have been averaging 2-4 equipment change outs per week on top of service. I actually got busy enough I had to hire someone for the summer. I am not complain but more apologizing for not being here as much as I would like. It was really good to catch up on a bunch of posts this weekend and spend some time in the woods. Happy burning season to everyone!
     
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Busy is a good thing, especially when it's your own business, enjoy the break Cert.
     
  3. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Welcome Home
     
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    [quote="rottiman, post: 150053, member: 48 welcome home[/quote]

    I think my wife may have said that to me this weeknd....... Well along with you do realize you aren't 25 anymore right :D
     
    Backwoods Savage, Chvymn99 and Stinny like this.
  5. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    The making hay when the sun shines thing can be crazy... but I'll bet it makes your time around the firepit even better... :fire:
     
  6. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Rest, relax and kick back. No benefit to being the richest guy in the cemetery.
     
  7. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Best window of time is between cooling and heating season. Except, it starts getting dark earlier now. Enjoy some down time.
     
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Enjoy the break. Perfect evening and temps for an outdoor fire!
     
  9. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Growing up on a dairy farm I can relate to that :D
    It will slow way down for a while now...... For some reason people aren't nearly as grouchy about no heat as they are about no AC

    Definitely not rich lol. The real problem is I am horrible at sitting and relaxing. I drive my wife nuts as I can't even sit through a movie without wanting to go find something to do. It's really bad when we go on vacation and try to relax. The older I get the better I am getting though lol
     
  10. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Moving is better... ;)
     
  11. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX

    I know exactly what your saying. I am/was the same way. Lately though, I find myself slowing it down and am starting to smell the roses. Watching a lot of younger friends come apart in one way or another. I am retiring in February and have now got myself convinced to simmer down and start to approach things more calmly. It ain't a race no more, it'll all be there tomorrow. I just want to be there to see it and do it.
     
    Backwoods Savage, Chvymn99 and Stinny like this.
  12. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,764
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Glad to hear all is well, welcome home. A good nighttime fire in the is always good..:yes:
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  13. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Calm is good... calmer is gooder... and, this group on here has really helped me get there. Smelling the roses is more often, laughing at myself is entertaining :emb: ... and getting things as easy & simple as possible has been very good for this ole fart. I don't know about you Rotti, but using firewood as a way to fill some of my time has made all of my time more rewarding. You're so right... it ain't a race... :yes:
     
  14. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Cert, the picture says it all, some relaxation by the fire.
    Glad you stopped in to say hello, hopefully we'll see more of you
     
  15. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    The added work load on the side can be nice, but the time off is great as well!! Glad you got a break and some much needed FHC time!! :dex:
     
  16. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    And what exactly do you do in your spare time?
     
    Certified106 and papadave like this.
  17. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Well since I had some on Saturday and Sunday I cut wood which I did find relaxing :saw: :tree::axe::thumbs:
    Thought I was going to have some free time tonight but had to run a service call and then scheduled another one for tomorrow.
    I did take next Friday off to take my daughter camping for the weekend and am looking forward to it!