In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Weight.............

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Sep 15, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    feels like Sugar Maple. This was down across the trail I'm clearing, pics 0005 & 0006 are what's left on the edge of the trail and picture 0007 is up the trail.

    It's all back home ready to split.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Looks close to birch to me ?
    But maple starts getting dark/punky , like in the pics, in the middle too.
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Looks almost identical to a Red Maple I took down not too long ago.
     
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looks like firewood to me :p
     
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks good Woody! How do you go about making a new trail? Clearing and riding on it a lot? That's all I do. Nice there's still wood coming out!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's actually an old trail that I never bothered with since we bought the property, seven years later it's getting done.

    Once we start running it, it should make a nice trail, it will also give me access to more firewood. This trail will give us a second entry point to the higher ground in this area.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Good stuff! What are your elevation +/-?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think the house is just under 1000 ft., I'm not sure what the highest hills are, I'll get some readings for this weekend.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Our GPS has the house at 1015 feet above C level. :whistle:
     
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Thanks. I remember seeing in some of your pics some good hills. :)
     
  11. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    pics 0005 to 0007, looks like somebody got a new camera:):thumbs:
     
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I wish, it's the same camera.
     
  13. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    OK, I thought I saw something about a broken camera and was concerned the pics might dry up!
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    You did, my wife was playing a joke on me, she got me good! :emb:

    She told me she had dropped the camera.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Woodwidow like this.
  15. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Doesn't she understand the importance of pics on here?:hair:
    Well, at least the pics haven't stopped......whew!:thumbs:
     
    thewoodlands and Woodwidow like this.
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Yes she does, if it keeps me out of her hair, it's all "GOODER".
     
    papadave likes this.