I ran my electric splitter a few days ago and the pump started making some noise. It was second hand, and was never meant to be permanent. It has lasted a while and has allowed me to collect data and see how an electric motor does on a full size wood splitter. I have been wanting a bit more speed, but can't go over about 2 gpm at 3000 psi with the 3hp electric motor. I have also been wanting a detent valve. I was cruising around on Surplus Center last night and found both! I'm excited to get everything swapped over and running. I need to weld in a bigger bung on my hydraulic reservoir and add a drain in the bottom. I will also change the oil filter. I'm excited!
Single stage? Or you are saying that the high pressure side was 2 GPM? You're Huskee came with a 2 stage pump...should be at least a 16 GPM
It has never operated in 2 stage? It's always been one, and slow. I'll have to take a pic next time I can.
The pump usually says on it somewhere what its rated at. What would you estimate your full stroke cycle time at? (warmed up) 5" bore cylinder with 2" ram and 24" stroke?
Didn’t have a tape to measure the cylinder but I did snap a pic of the pump. I timed about 9.5 seconds at full throttle to extend, little over 8 to retract.
That appears to be a 16GPM pump...and if you have a 5" cyl with a 2" ram and 24" stoke, that calculates to 14.2 seconds, round trip. But that is just guessing on the cylinder specs...probably not too far off though.
Just posted this over in my splitter build thread, gonna leave it here too...great prices on log splitter stuff (and accessories too) at Rugged Made right now! 16 GPM 2 stage pump for under $90! https://ruggedmade.com/?_kx=XO0_zRW03FzVBIEdSfn9KobFs8nvLfjK1Ctx2UT_GXk=.Wtr29z