In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Forest fire mitigation

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by BC Doug Fir, Dec 2, 2023.

  1. BC Doug Fir

    BC Doug Fir

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2020
    Messages:
    166
    Likes Received:
    1,170
    Location:
    Cariboo BC
    Since 2017 when the whole city was evacuated there’s been a lot of mitigation work done in the surrounding mountains. They got to my hood a couple weeks ago. There’s a few thousand acres of timber between here and town that used to be mule deer winter range. Now it’s going to look like a park. On the bright side I went for a quad ride after work. I found a 15” dbh birch tree off to the side. That’s going to follow me home in a couple hours when it’s light out if the arfritis doesn’t disagree with me.
     
  2. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,784
    Likes Received:
    215,187
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Sounds like a good score. Be sure to post pics.
     
  3. BC Doug Fir

    BC Doug Fir

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2020
    Messages:
    166
    Likes Received:
    1,170
    Location:
    Cariboo BC
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,683
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Cool. Also, check with the Forestry Service, I used to live in a wildfire area and I was qualified to sign up for a couple free cords of wood and they delivered it. Sorry about the arthritis.