In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Oak for today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Certified106, Sep 14, 2014.

  1. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Got some cutting in yesterday and today. Forgot the camera yesterday which is a shame since I cut some gorgeous Walnut. Here are a few pics from today. I cut almost three trailer loads of really nice red oak that was super dry. I split multiple pieces and was getting 13-17% percent moisture content so I should be able to have some extra oak for this winters burning.

    IMG_20140914_150413[1].jpg IMG_20140914_150413[1].jpg IMG_20140914_151217[1].jpg

    Different tress top that was down and will definitely need 3+ years dry time. Got almost two carts out of these tops.
    IMG_20140914_132615[1].jpg

    Two more tops that were down and I got just over two trailers out of them.

    IMG_20140914_160939[1].jpg IMG_20140914_160953[1].jpg IMG_20140914_163938[1].jpg
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Very nice.... some already seasoned and debarked for you.... Nice size to work with too.

    I'm planning to cut a little next weekend... Might go to lake hope for dinner to reward my daughter too. :)
     
    Stinny and Scotty Overkill like this.
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Good work! Looks like nice rounds there, and primo btus.
     
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Oak, ......the other redwood.
    The barkless stuff is nice to have. It's dang near dry enough to burn, coming right out of the woods.
     
    Stinny likes this.
  5. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    Looks like some ash and black locust in pics 6 and 7? Some primo btus there!
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  6. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    Nice haul brother!! Good stuff for sure!
     
  7. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Lookin' good Cert. The weather looked nice too...:yes:
     
  8. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Looks like you might have a trailer load of hickory there as well:yes:
     
    Stinny and Shawn Curry like this.