In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Been to England; lived in Australia for a year; a good roundabout is better than a 4 way stop.. but they take more room, they have more collisions but less side impacts which cause less damage

SimonHS, bogieb, savemoney and 5 others like this.
  2. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Trying to stay away now!!

bogieb, savemoney, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  3. yooperdave

yooperdave

:rootintootin: :makeitrain"

bogieb, Chvymn99, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  4. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

savemoney, Horkn, eatonpcat and 4 others like this.
  5. savemoney

savemoney

We have 4 of those circles in Augusta Me. Those who use them every day are fine with them, but the out of town folks often are confused. There is excellent signage prior to the circle, but I think that they are ignored., Big problem is pedestrians crossing. You have to stop to allow them to use the crosswalks and that leaves you in the circle. Those with no pedestrian traffic are much easier to use as are the ones with single lanes. We have some with two and three lanes and someone is always cutting someone else off. The major issue is heavy footed drivers and those using a cell phone.

bogieb, Horkn, eatonpcat and 4 others like this.
  6. Erik B

Erik B

There is a fun circle complex just east of Asbury Park, NJ. Hwy's 35 and 66 are there as well as local streets.

7. Sourwood

Sourwood

Happy to report the new engine is on and running well. Went to the license branch to get a specify plate for my motorcycle and old Challenger. It only caused confusion for the clerk, so back again tomorrow. .

Our Lions Club is having a take-away chicken noodle dinner for the township on Saturday. Tomorrow I will be chopping coleslaw. Hopefully no wood chips will fall out of my hair.

8. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Remember to cut the end of your blanket off this weekend and sew it onto the other end

IMG_1266.png

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks, I didn't know and would have missed it!

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

Anything for a longer blanket!!!

11. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Imagine how much firewood you’ll be saving

12. Horkn

Horkn

A former company that I worked for once had a delay in our normally auto deposited paychecks for everyone in the company. They delayed our paycheck deposits for a week. Yeah, that was a real issue for a lot of us. That company somehow is still in business, but I hear they are on really rocky financial footing now. Anyone that cares about their financial stability has already left. Afaik, the only ones still there are almost at retirement age, so they'll suck it up until they hit the date.

13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Of all things, I had a companies paychecks fedexed to my previous house. Twice. It was ADP. The company happened to be one of my customers so I dropped it off to them the next day, but YIKES.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  14. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I suddenly go on vacation when paychecks come up missing.

Usually, it’s a permanent one and I go to work some place else.

I got tired of it enough, I just became self-employed.

15. Erik B

Erik B

A service shop I was working at ot bought out and within a month or so, the new owner thought it would be a good idea to start bouncing paychecks. I stopped depositing them into my checking account cause it would cost me money if they bounced. All the guys working there started going to the bank the checks were drawn on and tried cashing them. It got really bad when you would walk into the bank and hand the check to the teller and she would laugh and hand it back. Checks were eventually made good but we had enough and went on strike for a day. The former owner came back in to help run the place for a few months and the workers demanded cashiers checks for pay checks. I left as soon as I found a better job and the service shop was eventually bought out again by a much larger company. AHH the good old days.

16. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

I had to leave a note for a coworker today and was in a rush so I wrote it in cursive. The capital G to a lower case o looked strange, so I stared at it until it became almost alien to me. I had to look it up. Was that right? I thought I might have been wrong, but I was mistaken ;) I'm just so out of practice that it took a minute to jog my brain. The good news is when the world is taken over by a vast army of hostile college kids, we old people can have a secret language to communicate with each other in that will be indecipherable to the new overlords. :)

17. Horkn

Horkn

Eric, they are far far away from being overlords. It'll be a good 15-20 years before that and I plan on being retired by that time.

18. bogieb

bogieb

My ex worked for a company who bounced paychecks on a regular basis for a while. This was back in the early 90's where you couldn't check anything online, and atms were only for deposits/withdrawals - couldn't check the balance. Didn't find out for 2 weeks that the check had bounced until I FINALLY got an overdraw notice from my bank by snail mail.

The company gave my ex cash that day to cover the bounced check. After that, for about 6 months, it was a race to the company's bank at lunchtime on payday to see who's check was good and whose wasn't. Then they got on better financial footing and all was good after that. Sometimes the company would hold onto the checks until the end of the day because people who's checks didn't clear tended to take the rest of the day off (who could blame them?).

savemoney, wildwest, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  19. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Because of a computer error I once received a paycheck for $0.00
    Being a smart Alec; I photocopied it and pinned it to a wall; with a large sign that said; this should end rumors of me being an over paid arse..

bogieb, wildwest, brenndatomu and 7 others like this.
  20. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I only once had a paycheck get lost. I had just worked at a sawmill a couple day to help the owner out. It wasn't the first time to do that. However, this time my pay never came. Naturally I paid a visit to get that check. Hum... It turned out the check had been given to a relative as he said he was going to see me and would give it to me. They looked it up and sure enough, it had been cashed. Long story short, that relative ended up in jail for forgery. He also faced a divorce so no longer a relative.