I made cinnamon buns last year and I have been meaning to make sticky buns ever since. I found a recipe online and the dough was fantastic. I fired it with pine kindling, then oak and locust. The dough was made and rising inside. I cleaned up and area behind the house and re-stacked about a 1/3 cord in a nice stack. I picked out the shorts, uglies and splitter trash and moved them to the oven area to be used there. I had the camera on the wrong setting. the pics are a little "soft" and not clear. The wind was from the northwest, perfect draw on the oven. Risen and ready to go in. Checking in on them. I should have turned them halfway through cooking time. I had the wood cooking door soaking while the oven was heating. Business side up. A lot of the sugar and butter stuck in the pan. A few mistakes were made, but the dough was light and they tasted real good. I like cinnamon buns better with sugar glaze on top, but these were just fine.
What's not to like? How many times can I like something? They were looking awesome. I was thinking of trying calzones again tomorrow but maybe I should go for cinnamon buns again. By the way, Campinspecter install our new Jetstream so 2:00 AM Friday morning after one of his curing fires for the refractory base, we had baked potatoes. Sorry no pics - but it did happen.
Those look delicious. As always I'm thoroughly impressed with your ability to bake in an outdoor WFO. I made pepperoni rolls last night - in my digitally controlled electric oven
I've got to build me one of these ovens. We bake a lot of stuff and I'm sure it would be better in one of those.