In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Ohio

Ohio

Put it in front of my deer blind and the deer eat them.

Some people do eat persimmons but most of them have been on the ground a while and are dirty. I don't really have a taste for them either.

Its considering baiting in my state as well but it is legal on private land. Not legal on public land or disease surveillance areas. I'd wager it'd be hard to find a deer in my home county without corn in its belly from October to February.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Oh, I see, I was thinking jelly or jam or something. So, hunting instead :yes:

3. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

This is what I got to run at work today….

largest excavator I’ve ever run. And yes, the bucket knuckle is seriously worn out and scheduled for line boring this winter. Takes 4 buckets to fill a semi truck.

and yea, it’s intimidating.

Loading trucks

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

As usual, your work is outstanding!

5. lukem

lukem

Desks installed. Beach next week. I need it

PXL_20230920_203228003.jpg PXL_20230920_203222454.jpg

savemoney, wildwest, billb3 and 11 others like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

MI made it illegal to feed or bait no matter who owns the land. The only exception I know of is a sportsman's club where they typically have 25 feet or more snow.

Ohio, savemoney and wildwest like this.
  7. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Is it as heavy as it looks?

8. lukem

lukem

It's not light, but not super heavy either.

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

That is not entirely accurate.

Baiting and Feeding Regulations
    Baiting and feeding are banned in the Lower Peninsula. In areas where baiting is banned, scents placed to entice deer, whether composed of natural or synthetic materials, must be placed so that they are inaccessible for consumption by deer and placed in such a manner to prohibit any physical contact with deer. This does not apply to urine-based products that adhere to the applicable regulations for using urine-based scents. Hunters can still use those urine-based products for mock scrapes, drag ropes, wicks, etc.

Exception: Hunters with disabilities who meet specific requirements may use bait in the Lower Peninsula during the Liberty and Independence Hunts only. Eligible hunters may begin baiting for the Liberty Hunt five days prior to when the season begins. Eligible hunters may begin baiting for the Independence Hunt five days prior to when the season begins.

Bait volume at any hunting site cannot exceed two gallons. Bait dispersal must be over a minimum 10-foot by 10-foot area. Bait must be scattered directly on the ground. It can be scattered by any means, including mechanical spin-cast feeders, provided that the spin-cast feeder does not distribute more than the maximum volume allowed.

To qualify, you must fit one of the following criteria:

• Be a veteran who has been determined to have 100-percent disability or is rated as individually unemployable by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
    • Have been issued a permit by the DNR to hunt from a standing vehicle.
    • Have been issued a permit by the DNR to hunt using a laser-sighting device.
    • Be blind. Blind means an individual who has visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with correction or has a limitation of his or her field of vision such that the widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angular distance not greater than 20 degrees, as determined by the Commission for the Blind.
    • An individual is deaf as defined by section 2 of 72 PA 1978, MCL 408.202. "Deaf person" means a person who is not able to process information aurally, with or without amplification, and whose primary means of communication is visual or by receiving spoken language through other sensory input, including, but not limited to, lipreading, sign language, finger spelling, or reading.

I couldn't find the "sportsman's club with 25' or more of snow exception" :handshake:

10. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Heard a boom while mowing.
    8E248CE9-BEA6-4D86-8001-8A2A5B20DBD5.jpeg 07722B00-0E08-43A0-AE43-68646A27DD30.jpeg 31E5F495-0DEB-4A45-9D7F-10CE0CD3ACBA.jpeg 9F6E1764-2766-4CFD-A586-2FFFA8C4B2DF.jpeg

Had to cut red drivers door off to get her out. Red pulled out from the alley across the street right in front of yellow.

11. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Ohio, savemoney, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  12. bogieb

bogieb

Hopefully she comes out of it fine.

Meanwhile I was looking at how nice your fence is looking. That was one of your projects last year projects if I remember correctly.

13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Thanks for the correction. I had forgotten it was still ok in da UP.

bogieb, yooperdave and wildwest like this.
  14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I lost $134 on a scam website. We can't find WWW's gun powder for years and years now, like since Obama. I found some but the website only took pay apps, I figured I was behind on the times, but it should have been a red flag. Muddled through a pay app on my bank account (first time), and then a guy called and emailed me within hours asking if it was "funded". Stupid mommie, one quick google and it's scam site. Bummer money gone and WWW still doesn't have gun powder.

15. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Boooo!
    I hope that money buys the scammer a nice dinner, and food poisoning!!

16. savemoney

savemoney

That happen also here yesterday at the entrance to our short dead end street. Second time in three months. Traffic tied up for miles. Distracted drivers, and too fast.

17. lukem

lukem

Decided to wait until the last minute and change the oil this morning before heading to the beach next week. The oil filter felt like it was installed by a gorilla and I ended up poking a hole in it with my junk oil filter wrench. Now I was in a real pickle. Finally ended up getting it off after an epic battle. Not the worst one I've ever seen, but it was top 5 for sure.

I'd really like to whoop the guy's azz who put it on there, but I could probably only punch myself in the face one time.

18. savemoney

savemoney

There was a time when I wanted to operate some heavy machinery. That opportunity never came up, I still enjoy watching them work. There are YouTube sites that show them in action. I hope your new job is working out well for you. Your dog must miss the long rides.

19. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

it didn’t last long.

guy sent me home yesterday and said “I realize you’ve got experience and it’s been a long time since you’ve run an excavator, but I gotta let you go….”

Oh well….

I hope whatever comes next is good.

20. yooperdave

yooperdave

Hauled some more wood to the basement; then carried it inside to the almost full wood room. The outside access door to the room has been blocked by firewood for a few days now so I have been loading the wood onto a horizontal cart and wheeling it over. Sure beats carrying an armful at a time!!

Managed to get the truck de-bugged and washed one more time. Now, it's clouding up and supposed to have a chance of T-storms. :picard: