Anybody know what these are? Can't find it online in the weed IDs for my area. They STINK if you touch them or disturb them in the least...weedeating them is the worst. The smell of them gives me an instant headache. When they die they leave these annoying stalks everywhere with what I would call "reeds" on them from where they flower I assume. I really can't stand these things.
Heck, people eat Jimsonweed seeds and Morning Glory seeds as well- ya never know what people will do!
That's BS whoever wrote that. This stuff is terrible. There's not even a slight mint scent. It's almost like really old nasty cologne. I'm sure you guys can find one, rub the leaf and smell and you'll see what I mean.
Just saw this post (looking for an older post). Definitely perilla mint. Can be toxic to cattle, not sure about other livestock. Farm we used to rent had ton of it, luckily never caused us a problem. If you don't have much, spray it to kill it before it starts seeding like crazy.