In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bogieb

bogieb

2 pounds a week is ambitious. Best of luck in achieving your goal.

2. 41FanForLife

41FanForLife

Any particular bourbon that you can't live without? Asking for a friend
    Hahahaha

Chvymn99, bogieb, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Bracing for the terrible heat. Right now it is good and house is all open. Of course the humidity is high. Will close up the house in a couple hours so don't have to run the air conditioner. I like the low electric bills. The last several months have all been below $30.00.

Chvymn99, Stephiedoll, bogieb and 9 others like this.
  4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I fired up the ac for the first time last night, not for the temp as much as the humidity.
    We have been running less than $70 bills here...it goes up 10-20/mo once ac season hits.
    I think that's pretty good for a family of 4...but to be honest our electric rate is pretty cheap too...$0.12/kwh all in. Our power company is publicly owned non profit, so that helps...

Chvymn99, bogieb, wildwest and 6 others like this.
  5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The scale said 199.4 this morning on day number 71. The Air Quality said 153 today but it didn't seem like it was that bad sooooo I washed the truck, hopefully that knocks off some poundage.

I had a wrap with lettuce, chicken salad, onions and roasted red bell peppers, time for a break and then 12 minutes on the treadmill listening to Dean Martin, hopefully he'll get me through 199.4 :hair: down in the 198 range.

6. savemoney

savemoney

Electricity cost is very high around here. They keep getting granted raises. The owners of the companies reported record profits. My bill was $360 last month. $200 more in the winter. That includes the electricity for the upstairs apartment my son and family use. I have anotherr $183 a month for propane. My mini split keeps my living area comfortable and uses much less electricity than the window air conditioners did. With my breathing condition, I often find myself housebound because of the poor outside air quality. I keep two whole house air cleaners going around the clock.

7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The first 12 minute session on the treadmill is done, I only burned 71 calories according to the digital readout but just like adding a small amount of firewood to your inventory, the calories all adds up.

It looks like supper won't be much, I have a tomato that needs eating so I'll have a hot tomato salad with half a wrap too dunk in the juice.

If it isn't storming out, I'll take the dog for a walk later, eat that great meal and then jump on the treadmill again, come on July 11.

Backwoods Savage, bogieb and wildwest like this.
  8. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

Spending some time in the shop this afternoon letting little man work on his saws. Today he's learning about carburetors and air filters :thumbs:.

20230701_162308.jpg

Dok440, Chvymn99, Chaz and 13 others like this.
  9. Hammerhead20

Hammerhead20

Give them young un's a early start !!!!! :rofl: :lol::thumbs::thumbs:

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Might get the swamp cooler going tomorrow, highest temp of the year so far at 79* forecasted.

It's been a Canadian border VT day here regarding kids stopping by. Started with mine and her friend whose family comes here often, looked again 2 little boys and the brother are now on the tramp too, blinked and two more little boys I've never seen are on the swingset.

Living out here year round is so hard, but this odd little neighborhood is something out of the past in the summer. The kids whose parents visit their vacation home here find each other, and get to run loose playing at each others houses, bike riding etc. Very neat deal that would not happen in town.

11. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Another full day of sleeping in the recliner. This cough is ruining me.

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I am so sorry, sounds like we have the same darn thing. Husband is well over a month now, finally his cough is lessening, he's been in the recliner for a few years now and was just getting able to lay in bed then this hit him. I'm ~3 weeks with it and my abs and lower back muscles are wrecked, but I'm able to go 3 hours at night now before it wakes me. How many weeks in are you Farmer? Doc gave me a Z pack last week but it didn't do anything.

Watching this yesterday hurt, but it was worth it. Need a refresher yooperdave ?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  13. Hammerhead20

Hammerhead20

356259742_669467508552525_4424825682750909349_n.jpg

Dok440, JD Guy, yooperdave and 6 others like this.
  14. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I had a phone call with the nurse practitioner on Thursday. “Yop, sounds like bronchitis.”

bunch of drugs later antibiotic and steroid nasal spray.

feeling a little better. The phlegm coming up has me wondering if I have any lungs left.

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Fingers crossed the drugs clear this up for you!

16. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

This kid knows his way around a work bench better than most adults these days. :rofl: :lol:

17. 41FanForLife

41FanForLife

Definitely better than my stepson. Sad to say

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Kids are getting older and now all have cars.. I miss those days wildwest

19. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Another 12 minutes on the treadmill with an extra 77 calories burned tonight according to the treadmill.

I had a small portion of chicken salad with the hot tomato salad for supper with that half a wrap, chit tasted like a steak!

July 4th we'll have chicken breast from the grill, I'll have another hot tomato salad and then it's back to the wrap with lettuce and allllllll the trimmings.

If tomorrow morning I don't break through the 199 mark, the treadmill workouts will become 15 minute sessions and the push for 195 will start.

20. savemoney

savemoney

You, my friend, need rest. Lots of it. keep hydrated and out of the heat.