In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

using smart phones

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Jun 16, 2023.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,996
    Likes Received:
    312,290
    Location:
    Central MI
    After being away from home for a time I definitely decided that for using the Internet, I will stick to the desktop. The phone can be a real trial...
     
    Ron T, yooperdave, Stinny and 8 others like this.
  2. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,359
    Likes Received:
    31,703
    Location:
    Over here
    I still prefer a real computer. Have adapted somewhat to using the phone. They didn't teach us how to type on such a small keyboard back in HS.
     
  3. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,864
    Likes Received:
    121,507
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Sooooo glad I grew up without cell phones! Man, the freedom we had. Now-a-days, you can't do anything w/o someone having cell pics or video of it. Imagine how crippled some people would be if all phone service got knocked out. I think it would exploit a deep vulnerability.
     
  4. Hammerhead20

    Hammerhead20

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2023
    Messages:
    1,473
    Likes Received:
    12,284
    Location:
    Ontario

    It already has
     
  5. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,673
    Likes Received:
    144,742
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I don't even try Dennis, too hard to type on the phone. I use it for calls, texts and pictures. Husband does not work on his phone but he uses the internet to look up other things.
     
  6. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,162
    Likes Received:
    163,572
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I hate looking for products on the phone...much better/easier/faster on a PC or laptop...but its nice having the option if you are not near a computer.
     
  7. In the Pines

    In the Pines

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2018
    Messages:
    1,454
    Likes Received:
    8,084
    Location:
    Ohio
    I'm definitely a desktop person. It's nice having a pocket pc but I prefer a larger screen and a real keyboard.
    Just makes it easier to research stuff.
     
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Yep... my Mac is all I use for internet and photos. Once in a while tho, I'll sneak off with my honey's iPhone, and use the Google Maps feature to find an address while driving... :whistle: