In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

The MI fire is almost out now and they are opening the area except a few spots but there are not many trails in that area.

2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Full smokey haze here in southern PA too.

3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Today it's bad here.

207.6 this morning, the loss should've been more but the wife had mentioned we still had a good size slice of apple cake with cream cheese frosting left...very good, add a few chocolate bars last night with a granola bar.

Sunday morning is it, Saturday night I'll cook spaghetti sauce so we can have some pasta with maybe a nice steak or chicken cooked on the grill.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

In the evening when things are cooling down I sometimes get a wiff of "campfire" it's been a few weeks like this now, I suppose it's the forest fires...

5. lukem

lukem

It was pretty smoky/hazy here yesterday but not too bad today. It's been crazy dry though...having to water the garden and berries.

6. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Hoping the rain will clear the air quality alert..

7. savemoney

savemoney

How did it come out? I've tried London Broil on the grill many times. Most times it is too tough for me. I have tried marinading and that helps. Usually, must get a good cut of sirloin or sirloin tips for a tender steak. I use a meat thermometer and like medium rare.

8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Really good, it was pretty thick so we cooked it seven minutes a side and then two more once both sides had been on for seven minutes per.

We marinade it in Italian dressing for a day in the fridge. I'm thinking the grill temp was 550 degrees.

This definitely was more towards medium rare, I could of flipped it one more time and cooked it for another two minutes for medium.

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

Smokey here. Enough that it’s worse than yesterday. Ugh. Let’s hope Canada gets some rain. A lot of it!

I’ve been intermittent fasting again. Eat healthy, and plenty in a 6-8 hour window. Usually from around 10-11AM through 4-5PM. Drink water the whole rest of the time. Adjust eating hours if we plan to eat out for dinner, or plan breakfast, etc. Works well for me. Test my willpower for sure, but feel good. Usually do less strenuous things during the last 2-3 hours of fast. If I want to take a day off from it, no problem at all. Eat reasonable and healthy. Still enjoy some sweets, but try to have them just a couple time a week. And shoot for healthier kinds. My favorite right now is blueberries and raspberries with heavy whipped cream. I eat these 4-5 times a week.

Lots to do today, and not enough time in the day to do it all. Oh well, it will still be there when I get to it.

You firewood hoarders have a good day!

10. theburtman

theburtman

I like blueberries in vanilla yogurt

11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We still have enough smoke in the air that the outside work can wait, two more sessions with the treadmill will be it for a total of three today.

I started this weight loss journey at 227.2 and this morning I had another new low (weight) 206.8, 47 days this chit has been going on. Maybe tonight I can stay away from the KitKat bars and milk. :whistle:

Sunday morning is the last day, I'll try and maintain a certain weight from what the scales tell me, Sunday night we'll have some chicken cooked on the grill and some pasta with sauce I'll make Saturday.

12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

13. savemoney

savemoney

I do think the ticker cuts are better and easier to cook tender.

14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

That was all they had, usually we don't buy them that thick. The last of it went in my wrap tonight, just having a coffee before I hit the treadmill for another 20 minutes with some ZZ Top playing.

Hopefully tomorrow morning more smoke has cleared out and then I can get outside for a workout. How's the smoke in your area today?

yooperdave, bogieb and savemoney like this.
  15. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Heading to Pennsylvania

Machine weighs 40,000 pounds. From the main deck to the rear deck is 2 feet.

IMG_9696.jpeg IMG_9695.jpeg

Dok440, JD Guy, thewoodlands and 7 others like this.
  16. savemoney

savemoney

We don't have smoke here. We did from Nova Scotia, but the constant daily rains have done a lot to deal with that. We have a big low-pressure system spinning around and around in the Gulf of Maine. That is why the smoke from Canada is coming down instead of moving across like it normally would.

17. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The AQI PM 2.5 reading out of Cornwall Ontario tonight is 88 tonight, the worst I saw it was yesterday at 177 so tonight things are better.

18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I just checked the reading for Cornwall Ontario at 8 a.m. this morning, the AQI was 235, we were the same going by the color purple they had for Cornwall and our area.

My wife said it was worse this morning.

19. bogieb

bogieb

As savemoney said, NH and ME don't have smoke this time, just heavy overcast. There is a system in place that is keeping the jet stream moving south - and that is what the smoke is riding on. Dark days and darker nights (although this morning I can see where the moon is, not any stars though). I haven't gotten any rain and have had a total of 1/8" for about the last month, and that was a week or so ago. It keeps looking like it wil rain, but my area has gotten nothing.

brenndatomu, yooperdave and FarmerJ like this.
  20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Wow bogieb girls went to Waterville Maine Fri-Mon they had 3 inches of rain in 3 days