In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Opening day

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Ohio dave, May 5, 2023.

  1. Ohio dave

    Ohio dave

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2019
    Messages:
    1,705
    Likes Received:
    12,811
    Location:
    Akron, OH
    20230505_201924.jpg First day at campground 2023
    With a great campfire tool
     

    Attached Files:

  2. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,563
    Likes Received:
    76,406
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I was looking at that picture wondering if the "tool" was the wife being there to keep it burning right (and then wondering if she knew she was being referred to that way :D). Then I noticed the thumbnail below.
     
  3. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,859
    Likes Received:
    114,873
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Are you able to lower that tree (oak?) stump? A fair number of splits right there.

    Nice fire pit and grabber tool!

    Enjoy
     
  4. Ohio dave

    Ohio dave

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2019
    Messages:
    1,705
    Likes Received:
    12,811
    Location:
    Akron, OH
    That stump smells like red oak but has no rays and everyone says its Hickory.
    As for lowering it the owner tried said he hit metal then stopped. Its not my property I rent the site seasonally.
    I kind hope he leaves it and I'll slowly work on it all summer
     
  5. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,540
    Likes Received:
    189,146
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Have a great season. That's a nice camper
     
  6. Ohio dave

    Ohio dave

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2019
    Messages:
    1,705
    Likes Received:
    12,811
    Location:
    Akron, OH
    Thanks.
     
  7. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,466
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

    Exactly where my mind went too. :yes: