In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

For sure there are some bad ones that make it all the way through teenagers years. Then, they become influenced by social media and get the right to vote.....:doh:

[​IMG]

2. Horkn

Horkn

3. Horkn

Horkn

That's why you had to reach Independence Rock in Wyoming by September or it was just best to wait until next year. The Donner party didn't wait after arriving late.

4. Horkn

Horkn

I love the ANC on my wyze buds. It sure asks me to turn the music down and they still hear it better. It's great for snowblowing, mowing, weed whacking and if coworkers are being noisy.
    Backwoods Savage the ANC is a great thing to have. I have the wyze buds pro and I got my wife the wyze buds non pro, both have the ANC. The pro models have the "stems" that make them fit great, like the apple versions, but without the chat and the wyze buds pro sound better. The wyze buds pro have the tap to change tracks, pause, turn volume up or down too. They are about 80-90 bucks. I've had mine for a while now, summer of '21 iirc)I got them as a preorder deal for $50. WyzeBudsPro3.png

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  5. Hammerhead20

Hammerhead20

......and then claim they are tidepod eating cats eventually taking over seats in gubberment and trying to straighten out all of us normal people :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Oh Lawd help us! :picard:

7. Horkn

Horkn

Sorry to hear about your cat Pallet Pete . Losing a loved pet is the worst

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I found yellow 81 mg aspirins under my desk couple times over the last year. Figured husband was clumbsy with those little pills and couldnt reach where they landed, I just pick them up and toss them, my trash can is under my desk right there. For whatever reason I put one on my desk one day instead of tossing it, took it later that day instead of getting a new one out of the bottle. Felt like dog poo the next day. Really icky, like roofy hangover. Figured it out recently, I had scattered some laundry scent booster in the bottom of the trash can and I guess sometimes one of those little yellow discs stuck to the bag when I changed it and ended up on the floor.

9. savemoney

savemoney

So sorry about your cat. I know how that feels. And, yes, it never happens at a suitable time. Stress loves stress. 20 yrs. is old old old for a cat. But you are right not to allow her to continue to suffer.

10. savemoney

savemoney

Telling you to move where you are not up against the neighbors. Best to be in a place with lots of trees making a nice border between you and the next guy.

11. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Been slipped a lot of Roofy's in your younger days?? :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::D

12. Horkn

Horkn

Tide pods for adults. Lol

13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Do Not Try This At Home!

:rofl: :lol:

14. savemoney

savemoney

Towns being abandoned because of business closures have been happening for centuries. Brings thoughts of the old west and the gold rush, and towns alongside rout 66. We have declining towns here in Maine from Textile and shoe mill closures and most recently from the paper-making industry. They are scrambling to get a new direction, business, and recreation in those locations.

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Yes, 2 towns were good for awhile when my ancestor built north of Denver. When I was a kid the only things left were a school (My GGGrandfather donated the land and built it) and a rickity shack the post office was in for the other. I'm sure it's all built up now with new stuff after being abandoned for decades.

16. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Very true. And its not always easy to find a way to rejuvenate struggling places. Theres something interesting, yet sad about ghost towns, or ghost towns in the making.

Perhaps this has occurred in other places more than I realize, but it's a touchy subject for many here in NL because several decades ago, the government, led by what would become perhaps our history's most hated politician, forced a hundreds of communities to relocate In an effort to collect people into larger areas. Granted, most of these communities likely would have petered out on their own, (but;)

a lot of them were island villages, or otherwise had no road access, which worked in the days when boats served the purpose cars do now. A few managed to survive, and now are served by ferry. Some resettled more recently, and more probably will over time. The difference now is, instead of being forced, most of the community has to vote yes, and the government compensates them for the property they leave behind. It seems they are only willing to do this for places served by ferry, I know at least one isolated community wanted to resettle a few years ago and were informed there wasn't enough savings to be had. Apparently plowing and maintaining a 10 mile access road for a few dozen people doesn't cost enough to justify helping them relocate.

There are a couple of these places, with no roads or cars, that I'd love to visit, but they're too far away to be able to do it at this time. Hopefully a few continue to survive for a long time yet, in the sense that they're the closest thing to a time machine we have, even if they do cost a lot of tax dollars in ferry service.
    So for this year, we plan to "settle" for visiting a community called St.Brendan's. It's not quite as much of a time capsule because it does have roads and cars, but it's a tiny community on a small island which relies on a 1 hour, each way, ferry ride to access the outside world. The ferry goes through a cluster of islands on the way, so I think it will be a beautiful trip.

17. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

The bottom of my driveway goes between the 2 neighbors, but my house is pretty tucked away. I have enough trees to have some privacy and shelter, but there is one side I want to plant more. Especially where they will block out the neighbor with the ugly yellow house. I don't mind seeing the one with the cute little cape cod from a comfortable distance. :rofl: :lol:

18. lukem

lukem

It was nasty cold and windy today. I spent several hours in the tractor spreading gravel. I've lost track but I think I'm at 140 ton since last spring.

19. savemoney

savemoney

Is that in relation to the new barn? That really is a lot of gravel.

20. lukem

lukem

Yes and no. I spread 4 loads on the driveways and 3 loads in the barn.