In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Yale forklift, any good?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Screwloose, Mar 17, 2023.

  1. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,636
    Likes Received:
    33,320
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I was bidding on a Clark 3 ton forklift and it went for more than I was willing to spend. The owner of the auction company called me and gave me the number of a friend looking to sell a similar sized Yale. I haven’t called yet but before I do I wanted to ask you guys for any input. I have never seen a Yale firsthand so I'm not sure if it is worth considering or should I politely decline?
    Thanks for your thoughts
    Keith
     
    eatonpcat likes this.
  2. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,155
    Likes Received:
    163,532
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Yale is a common brand around here...nothing to be afraid of...just like anything else, check it over good.
    Is this gas, diesel, or electric?
     
  3. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,636
    Likes Received:
    33,320
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I am assuming lpg.... that is what the other one was. I do not want electric that's for sure. I need to be able to push, pull and drag.
    Been inside Yale electric hoists and quality is top notch.
     
  4. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,566
    Likes Received:
    67,897
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    I’m no forklift expert by a long shot, but have used a couple Yales over the years. I’ve been in plenty of small shops that have one (or two). For what it’s worth, the company I worked for previously had a few older Yales and a couple Komatsu's. When they were bought out by an investment firm, they went big on new capital expenditures. Ultimately they stuck with Yale when they upgraded the entire fleet. As far as I know they’re still happy with them.
     
  5. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,155
    Likes Received:
    163,532
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    We had some Yales at the steel mill...don't get much harder use (abuse) than that.
    We had Clark, Hyster, Linde/Baker, Yale, and some Taylor coil tractors.
     
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  6. Eggshooterist

    Eggshooterist

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2021
    Messages:
    7,020
    Likes Received:
    38,122
    Location:
    Erff
    I used to work at the place that Yale cable king hoists were made as well as as Shaw Box and Budget hoists.
     
  7. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,636
    Likes Received:
    33,320
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Saw some Shaw Box units that got used 24/7 for years with very few issues and mostly just electrical/control problems.
     
  8. Eggshooterist

    Eggshooterist

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2021
    Messages:
    7,020
    Likes Received:
    38,122
    Location:
    Erff
    I started there many years ago as an assembler then moved into fabrication and eventually testing into their machine repair department and earned my journeyman card. Then they closed us down. Columbus McKinnon was the parent company.