My buddies freezer went out - he caught it in time. I gave him a hand getting the new freezer off his truck and while swapping frozen goods over he hands me 2 packages of venison tenderloins/backstraps from January doe kill - for helping him out (and a few beers) So I just decided to go ahead and get start on the beer drinking jerky season. Marinated in a concoction of worcsecheshire, Dale's, black pepper, dried garlic, and crushed red pepper. It's got a bit of dehydration time left.
It wasn't 100% ready when I was going to bed last night so turned on the oven to convection bake @200F laid on paper towel on cookie sheet turned off oven after 8mins and left it sit overnight - perfect this morning. By weight it's probably $60-70 dollars worth of store bought stuff
Oh man, that looks fantastic. Definitely have to try making jerky, hoping to score some venison this year.
Looks good, nice move also on switching over when going to bed. I know I've waited up late at night a few times waiting on jerky. That's not fun
I always run the jerky in the oven for 5-6mins @200 when complete - don't want anyone getting sick, just happened to help finishing it off this time