In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. lukem

lukem

Still sick today, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I'm so bored.

2. Gasifier

Gasifier

FLU?

3. lukem

lukem

Not sure. Could be.

4. Gasifier

Gasifier

Glad you’re feeling a little better. God’s speed to a quick and full recovery.

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Before leaving for work this morning I decided to just grab some leftovers out of the fridge for lunch...thought I had a grilled cheese sammy in a ziplock baggie...turns out it was 2 pieces of french toast! :rofl: :lol:

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

What is this "leaving for work" that you speak off??? :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

It's what us non "old fart" folks :p do if we ain't smart enough to get on the "mail money" train, like half the population apparently is these days... :hair: :headbang:

8. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Do ya need some good VT maple syrup?

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I don't now, but I would've paid good money for some about 6 hours ago! :rofl: :lol:

10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Sounds like a win to me!

11. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I bought a 7W solar panel and a charge controller for the dump trailer.

it turned into a 40 minute discussion on PIE with dad for the trip home and if it was good enough.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

PM me an address Brenndy I like you and I got connections

13. Horkn

Horkn

The new type of stainless steel appliances is smudge resistant. I think they actually require less cleaning work than the black appliances do to keep clean.

Our only existing kitchen appliance is the dishwasher, and it's a black GE triton profile. Not certain it's age, but it was oldish when we bought the house in 2008. As far as smells from a dishwasher, they like to trap gunk and need to be cleaned out. I just cleaned mine a couple weeks ago. The screen at the bottom needed to be pulled and then I saw a few nasty gunk deposits that I cleaned. No more smell for minimal work. The screen on mine was held in place by a couple hex head screws.

14. Horkn

Horkn

We have great results with cascade complete pods, totally worth it. We've tried cheaper detergent, and none work like this cascade complete. We do also add a cup of vinegar in a cup/ ramekin in the top rack. That helps getting everything cleaner.

15. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Appreciate the offer, very nice of you. :handshake:

16. Horkn

Horkn

That reminds me of the motorcycle dealer that was an hour away that back in 2016 finally got a brand new first in the area fz10 which was an all new model. I called and asked if I could test ride it. They said sure, and they said they'd have it set for me to demo that afternoon after work. I rode my motorcycle there, from work to the dealer an hour out of my way. Got there, talked to the salesman I spoke with on the phone and had them check my bike out for trade in value. He showed me the new bike, and the seat wasn't clipped on. It wasn't ready to ride as they told me. They clipped the seat on after telling me that the battery wasn't hooked up. I was sitting on the bike after the seat was put on to see how it felt just sitting on it. I asked the salesman if they could hook up the battery and I could take it for a test ride as I was told I could. Then it got weird. Guy told me they don't test ride any sport bike and that the only way I could ride it was to sign to buy it. But apparently I could back out of I didn't like it after the the test ride. First off they had 2 color options that year. All black with red wheels and graphics which was the only color I would have bought, because the other color was matte grey with dayglow greenish yellow wheels and graphics. Yuck. This was the Mr yuck dayglow yellow nasty ugly one. I told the salesman that the color of the unit they had was a non starter for me. I also told them that their test ride policy was idiotic considering I had literally test rode a BMW that cost twice as much as the Yamaha I was told I could demo ride and that I was not happy that he lied to me about a test ride on that bike. I will do everything I can to not buy anything, especially machines from that dealership and it's sister dealership in my town.

Wasting people's time is a good way to lose customers.

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks Horkn, my dishwasher doesn't get stinky, and I do check the food trap, but my family members have a weird habit of closing my clothes washer door. It's the frontloader clothes washer that gets stinky, and I clean the rubber gasket in there pretty regularly as well as the filter screen in the drain out when needed :). You and so many others here are SO nice and helpful. Thank You!

Yes, I would be ding dong that remembers her using vinegar in a ramekin and has not done it yet. Does she drink coffee and does the vinegar work on those?

18. Horkn

Horkn

Hopefully you had a bar squirrelled away in your truck or in your desk. Or as I like to keep, "truck nuts" in my truck. Pistachios and sunflower seeds are in my truck now.

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

:whistle: :rofl: :lol:
    [​IMG]

20. Horkn

Horkn

No coffee in this house. I mean we have some, but it only comes out if we have company.

I misread that about the washer. I've heard front loaders were bad for smells and leaks