In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. tree killer

tree killer

Finish was the bad stuff. Cascade platinum works good.

2. savemoney

savemoney

That should be fine for some lights (LED) and tools. You are going to love your new space.

3. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I am a tea drinker and my mugs get pretty gross looking. Every once in awhile, I use polydent - denture cleaner. Fill the mug, pop a denture cleaner in there and the next morning run them through the dishwasher. Other than physically run a scrubbing sponge around the inside of the mugs every time before running them through the dishwasher, this works for me.

4. bogieb

bogieb

I myself would not mix the two.

5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Caffeine! Cold morning here. I have a couple days off and lots of little chores to do. Will also spend some time relaxing with my wife today. She and our youngest daughter are off from school. So youngest daughter is to go with a friend over to see her big sister at college. The friend is a good friend of her big sister too. And they will all have dinner together and go see a movie together. Excited young one. Glad for her. My wife and I will take a trip to Watertown in the afternoon so she can return a couple things and we will use a Christmas Gift Card to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. :drool:

I will eat a light breakfast and light lunch. And I will be putting in a very good workout today to try to offset calories coming in for dinner!

You firewood hoarders have a good day today!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  6. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

“Hey, let’s go get this pile cleaned up….”

Uhhh….

Nope…

notta gonna happenin’….

rain, freezing temps and working outside is just no.

91A8EEF7-E94A-4A15-BD8A-ECAD5A0CA5A0.png

ETA:

Put the snow bucket on in preparation for whatever maybe over the next couple days.
    4AD17964-9FEC-459D-87B7-5561A4009398.jpeg

Even got the readirod out of the trunk that shut me down Saturday at 4:45 pm. The rain had pretty much taken a break after breakfast so I knocked it out to get it done.
    7DAC4E11-DCB1-4D6F-977F-81EBD665B3BD.jpeg
    EBF37B8B-C22A-4CA8-9278-5BF7AB847D7A.jpeg DB019A7F-2EAF-4C25-A16E-C7504DF2852B.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  7. lukem

lukem

Got 20 ton of white rock spread in the barn this morning...another 20 ton to deliver later in the week. Not sure if I'll need it all but I can use the rest somewhere for something. Really wishing I had a skid steer....the Kubota is painfully slow in comparison.

Going to try to get some wiring done this evening. Lights are supposed to be here Wednesday and I'd like to have at least one circuit ready for them to make working in the early morning/evening easier (than a headlamp or small work light).

8. Gasifier

Gasifier

Alright. Home safe and sound without seeing a deer on the drive home in the dark. And, I ate too much. But it was worth every drink and bite! Now. How long can I make it until :sleeping:

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Found a SUV on Friday, salesman called on Sat morning and said he has it "secured" for me and waiting at his dealership. I drove almost 2 hours one way to check it out. Walked in the shop, gave them my trade in keys and asked for an appraisal.

The saleman and I went to the suv and did a couple walk arounds before jumping in and starting it up. I will always familiarize myself with the controls and adjust the mirrors/seat/steering wheel before I take off. Of course, he was in the vehicle with me and explained all the bells and whistles....never had lane departure, adaptive cruise, etc.

After about 7 minutes, I said OK, lets go.

He says to me, you can't take it off the lot.

Oh yeah....you need a copy of my drivers license right?

No, it hasn't been safety checked yet since it was just traded in. It's a matter of liability.

OK, then you drive and I'll ride along.

Um, no, can't do that either....but you can drive it around the lot.

Ha ha ha, are you serious?

Yes.

Lets go inside now and get my appraisal.

Got the high end of value for my trade and then he wanted an answer on the suv. I said I'd think about it and do my research (which I had already done)

I left the lot and was going to head over to another lot that was another over 2 hours away but would have gotten there 20 min before closing so I figured I'd go there this morning.

Phone rings this morning and salesman asks if I had enough time to think it over?

Yes, I sure did think it over.

And.....what do you think?

I can't believe you had me drive all that way on Saturday and then tell me I can't test drive it. I should have been told that once you called me and said it's sitting here waiting for you. Do you realize what type of time and effort investment it is for me?

Well, I have an e-mail request for info on it and wanted to know if you made a decision.

Has it been safety checked yet? I hate for that other person to show up and be told that he can't test drive it either....

:headbang:

So, I called the 2nd dealer that I was going to go to on Saturday. That vehicle has been there for a couple months and was prime for a lower offer.

Um, just a minute.....I think we just sold it this weekend! :doh:

Well, it was a crappy rainy day so I plowed slush/wet snow as much as I could.

Who knows, maybe I would have gotten into an accident with those road conditions anyway.........and I ended up not spending thousands of $$$ today!! :handshake:

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

savemoney, Horkn, wildwest and 10 others like this.
  10. yooperdave

yooperdave

[​IMG]

11. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Had a Toyota dealership do that to me a year ago.

“I’m driving 80 miles one way to come see this truck. Is it still available?”

yes sir. I’ll have it ready for you for when you get here.

“I’ll be there at 2:30 today.”

show up at 2:20 pm.

I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to locate the keys or the truck.

goes to talk to another sales associate…

“I’m sorry, I guess she sold that truck at 9 am this morning…”

These people have zero scruples.

12. lukem

lukem

I did some wiring tonight and quickly realized I am really short on wire. Not used to working in a building this size... It eats wire fast. Nothing a little more $ won't fix though.

Mud levels are 11/10 right now.

13. Lennyzx11

Lennyzx11

Yeah lukem. I know what you mean. I drove the tractor around outside the slab I’m building on last week during the thaw and tore the mud up.
    I was holding off for it to pack before I put rock down like you. Big mistake. Now it’s a frozen rutted ankle breaking mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horkn, Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf and 6 others like this.
  14. Lennyzx11

Lennyzx11

Backwoods Savage

Dennis, I may have missed an update. Are you still feeling poorly? Hopefully it’s turned.
    Lenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horkn, Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf and 5 others like this.
  15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I'm okay Lenny. Thanks.

Horkn, bogieb, Chaz and 5 others like this.
  16. Gasifier

Gasifier

Caffeine! It’s chilly out this morning. I’ll bring my daughter to school, and then start preparing to install a plug in heater on the new to me John Deere 401C.

17. yooperdave

yooperdave

18. lukem

lukem

Woke up at 3AM with a fever. Boooooo.

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Sleeping at 3 AM with a fever is much better. ;)
    Feel better LM!

20. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Probably run to harbor freight and get a metal detector wand. Still rain/sleet/winter mix and trying not to tear up the yard.