In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. lukem

lukem

Sounds like the cold weather is pretty much a done deal but they still don't know where the snow is going to fall.

Thursday night could get interesting....-6F and winds gusting to 50MPH. I need to make sure my gas cans are full.

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Yes, we all do.

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

Done! We were pretty sure that last storm was going to have wet, heavy snow. So I filled them then. Luckily we never lost power.

4. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Beautiful picture taken by Harold Hutchings in St.Brendan's, NL, a tiny island community of 125 people.

I'd like to go there myself some day, maybe when I replace my car

320059391_1189671871986084_1351738875543805525_n.jpg

5. Warner

Warner

Got lucky today. My snowblower gave up the ghost last week. I had problems with it last year scabbed it together now there are parts exposed to daylight that shouldn’t be. Well the engine and short block are no longer available and the crankshaft configuration made it so a repower with a different engine would be time consuming and unreliable if possible.

A buddy recovering from a medical procedure was scanning market place and found a matching unit with a bad drive but good running engine for 100$.

kinda makes me think about a crotchbook account….

nah!

6. Horkn

Horkn

FB marketplace is the only reason I'm on FB. Barely anyone lists wood on craigslist, and CL has it's own issues, mostly lack of communication. FB is way way better for ease of communication.
    It took me a couple years for me to friend my wife on FB. Lol

7. tree killer

tree killer

This weekend is going to suck real bad!

8. tree killer

tree killer

Yup, I had a slight blower incident Saturday too. Thought my $200 beater was done. Had our Christmas party Friday night and someone lost a stocking hat in my driveway. The blower found it and really sounded bad and about burnt up a belt. Pulled it in and let it melt. Found something sticking up the chute and out in front of the impeller. Had didn’t fare too good.

9. Warner

Warner

Reminds me of my buddy that caught the outdoor spigot with his auger and pulled the copper right through the side of the house! It was a bit wet in the basement! :rofl: :lol:

or my other buddy that caught the dog run in his brand new ariens the first run. She was bound up tight!

10. tree killer

tree killer

I just do around the garage so I’m not pushing snow back against it and I don’t have to shovel. I’m waiting to kick up a rock and see what that will destroy.

11. Warner

Warner

The rocks make nice holes in cold vinyl siding…:whistle:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  12. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

It is what you make it. I've found groups for whatever your specific interest is can be good too. Couple good Wheel Horse ones for example. :yes: Not many know-it-all punks are into them and when someone posts less than mature content, it gets booted. Same for the Multistrada guys. It's just specific content and no outside bullspit. Should check out Firewood Fockers too... :whistle: Couple guys from here on there.

13. savemoney

savemoney

I wish y0u were not right about that, but my bones are telling me different. Horrid back pain. Storm is build up fast and big.
    Here a couple sun sets at my son's home in Litchfield.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Everybody prepped and hunkered down for the cold system coming. Ready or not it's here already, sky is dark and flurries, I think we already hit our high.

Lots of stoves choochin' the next few days.

upload_2022-12-21_13-55-2.png

15. Earl764

Earl764

I was really hoping we got hit by the blizzard. Doesn't look like it though.

16. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

I have to fill in for someone at another location next week on the other end of the city. [​IMG]

17. yooperdave

yooperdave

How much more travel time will that equate to?

18. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

it's probably virtually no difference, it's further out the highway but almost literally straight off the highway. (I've done it before, but never really paid attention exactly, I'm not the type who schedules to make it to work barely in time). I'm not a big fan of that end of town though. it used to be a traffic nightmare, but since Costco moved out its calmed somewhat.

My location would be more or less directly off the highway too, but that route requires a left turn with no traffic light, which is a lost cause in rush hour, so I avoid it. I don't have that kind of patience. I'd rather take a 2 hour route if the 1 hour route has a 10 minute stop due to construction :rofl: :lol:

19. Horkn

Horkn

I'm on a Suzuki TL group and a Ariens GT group on FB, as well as a couple local buy/ sell trade groups. It is exactly what you make it. I've found she really great groups in those. I'll check out the firewood fockers.

20. tree killer

tree killer

Definite change in the air today! Stay safe Larry and remember, don’t hesitate to ask for some help if needed. More people are willing to jump in than you realize.