In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    To our surprise, we got snow today. Not much, about an inch but as it below freezing out there, it isn't going away anytime soon like usual.

2. lukem

lukem

Decided today was the day that I cleaned out and organized the gun safe. It looks like it took a year of hard hunting and stuff getting tossed in wherever it would fit....because it did.

Looks like winter will be here by the end of the week.

3. savemoney

savemoney

Looks like your team won with a field goal. Good game as you said.

4. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Larry we met; at Brian’s GTG I got the honor of shaking your hand and meeting you wonderful wife and black lab (Molly?) before others needed your wisdom. My drive is easier the Brian’s BUT traffic causes icy conditions as fast as weather does..

Chvymn99, savemoney, wildwest and 8 others like this.
  5. Horkn

Horkn

Canadian border VT your driveway isn't that bad. But, you just never know. At least it's pretty much just snow and no trees to hit if you go off at your place.
    We've got some driveways here that you couldn't even think about driving on until every but if snow and ice was off of them. Heck, the cabin we rented at lake Tahoe 2 Septembers ago had crazy driveways and roads. All of the cabins in that area were crazy steep and winding roads. And you know for damm certain that most of all of those cabins are rented out in winter for skiing season. There has to be houses that get hit by cars sliding off and down the roads.
    Crazy bad Californian drivers surely have some oops moments there. Then again, I wouldn't even try to drive that area in winter without snow tires, and if legal studded tires.

Today I started up the tractor, hauled my MTD splitter to the wood shed and put that there, so it's under a roof for the winter. I also hauled up a gorilla cart of 4 yr dried honey locust to the patio. While loading the cart up, a decent sized doe strolled past me about 15 yards away. I loaded the house bins full of ash splits. I also put the tractor in the garden shed. Hopefully next year I'll have taken that old shed down and replaced it with a slightly bigger one. That will give me a little more room to put stuff away. Then I'll be able to fill the 3rd bay of my wood shed with wood, for the 3+ year plan. Right now I'm about 2.5 years with the wood I keep on the opposite end of my wedge shaped yard.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  6. yooperdave

yooperdave

Same here. It's nice to be able to have that option!

7. Lennyzx11

Lennyzx11

Finally got out to the shop yesterday. Left the place for the first time in a week to go get chicken feed.
    Still not 100% from the Covid bout but better. Took the tractor out to the pile and loaded the carry all and parked it under the lean to for the shop. I’m cheating and carrying wood straight from the carryall and into the stove as needed.
    Off to a dump run and then we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Glad you're feeling some better

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

Glad you’re doing better. Hope you have a speedy and full recovery ASAP.

I caught COVID right after my kid’s Graduation late June. Bad news it was. I never had my head feel that bad. I did start on PAXLOVID right away and it helped. Took a while to get back to full normalcy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  10. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Glad I finished watching the game before you posted this. We recorded the game and I watched it yesterday. Lol

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Hi Dave, first was he brought home my favorite fast food that I rarely get to eat now, like maybe 3 times a year at best, Taco Bell!! The night before. Next day on BDay he cooked filet mignon and bought my favorite cake, carrot with cream cheese frosting, and they sang to me. They bought me jacket from Murdochs, the same one they gave me 3 or so years ago :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

It was really nice :)

12. Gasifier

Gasifier

I worked my butt off outside today, taking care of a bunch of different stuff.
    My wife just made Tacos for dinner! :drool: I chowed down!

And then she reminded me there were Deviled Eggs in the fridge she made yesterday. :rootintootin:Dessert!

Lord, I apologize, in advance.:fart:

Thor, yooperdave, JD Guy and 16 others like this.
  13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

:faint:

:rofl: :lol:

A few years back my FIL just about cleared out a Harbor Freight store on black Friday after eating too many deviled eggs the day before...I had to check out in a different line...on the other side of the store! o_O
    My wife seemed to think it was pretty funny when I told her about it later on...she made the eggs.
    I didn't go back to that store for years...I wanted to make sure nobody that was there that day still worked there!
    :rofl: :lol:

Thor, yooperdave, Chvymn99 and 11 others like this.
  14. savemoney

savemoney

Yes, I do remember you from our meeting. You amaze me with all the things you are able to do. I really enjoy following your posts here. Your adventures getting things done, I really like the dog stories. You are one resilient man!
    I really hate icy roads, walkways etc. My son doses a good job keeping my walkway clear and sanded. My wife is also a high fall risk. I have one of those fall alerts. My apple watch also has one build right in it. If I fall, it will ask if I need help. Hope I don't need any of them. Last couple ambulance rides were not fun.

yooperdave, Chvymn99, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  15. savemoney

savemoney

Carrot cake! Also my favorite. Yum!

yooperdave, Chvymn99, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  16. savemoney

savemoney

Hope you have plenty of clean undershorts. :rofl: :lol:

yooperdave, Chvymn99, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

:eek:... you're a member here...:whistle:...
    That statement can't be true...
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Chaz, yooperdave, bogieb and 10 others like this.
  18. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

The question is; will any of the forecasters get it right or will the big storm even form?

yooperdave, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 10 others like this.
  19. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

They don’t know.. so they sell the drama! We got 7 days of warning for a snowstorm that dropped 10” of snow. Just ridiculous

yooperdave, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 11 others like this.
  20. savemoney

savemoney

Same here, that last forecast for the 'nor'easter was right on target. This next forecast is for a wash out with heavy winds and high seas. Then artic air. Also predicting widespread power outages. :confused: