In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

X 2!

IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  2. imacman

imacman

X3!

IHATEPROPANE and SmokeyTheBear like this.
  3. badbob

badbob

Hi,all. Life has been a bit busy. 0f, but wind died, no snow that desperately needs plowed, so a good day to sit inside and drink hot coffee! We,so far, have had a "early" winter start, been below 0 3 times, snow,wind, something we have not had in 3-4 years. Accentra just purring along, got 5 tons here, so not worried. Warming up down in the valleys, should warm up some up here, later today.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

X4

5. joescho

joescho

Thank You!

6. corncob

corncob

When I hit 60, I quit celebrating birthdays. Too many candles on a cake and too hard to extinguish.

SmokeyTheBear and bogieb like this.
  7. badbob

badbob

Above zero! Gonna be warm, till snow comes in tonight. Think I might haul more pellets inside today, looks like gonna be a long winter out here!

Dpopps, bogieb, imacman and 4 others like this.
  8. scajjr2

scajjr2

After a long week (for me anyway), the gloomy weather today makes for a nice reason to kick back (plus the weather affects my arthritis and scar tissue from old back injury & resulting surgery).

Got my brother, who had spent the last 6+ weeks staying with us as he recovers from a couple mini-strokes, back into his place in Greenville this past week. Made a couple trips out there (about an 80 min drive one way) to finish the cleaning and get some things taken care of. A complete night & day difference from when I first walked in there 6 weeks ago. Gone from dark, dingy, cluttered and reeking of stale cigarette smoke to bright, clean, organized and (after me cleaning EVERY floor , ceiling & wall multiple times) just barely has any detectable old smoke smell.

An amazing thing is he hasn't had a cigarette since the day of his stroke (Sept 28) and has had no cravings or any withdrawal symptoms. His doctors theorize that it's possible that area of his brain was affected by the strokes (he has had memory issues since it happened) so he actually may not remember he smoked.
    He still has almost no sensation in his left arm, hand and leg but has full muscle strength in them. So like he can't tell if he's holding something in his left hand unless he's looking at it, has to think about bending knee and ankle as he walks, etc.
    Doctors say he's making great progress (he was in a harness his first few days in the hospital as he started physical therapy) and they say over the next 6-9 months he should recover more feeling/sensation. He's looking at being back in his place as a test, we'll see how he's getting along doing his everyday things over the next week.

And he found out this week the senior housing complex literally right down the street from him should have an apartment for him sometime in 2023.
    Nice place, (Greenville Falls, aka Richard Philbrick, Housing) 2 old mill buildings refurb'd into 70 apartments about 20+ yrs ago. Run by Southern NH Services, the Community Action Program agency. They operate a lot of senior housing sites all over NH and they are well maintained. Subsidized housing, he'd pay about 1/3 of his Social Security for rent, heat & electricity included, on site laundry, shopping bus that goes to big supermarket a couple towns over twice a week and every other week does a trip to a WalMart Super Center. He already makes use of the shopping bus (his car died a year ago, bus is open to town seniors for $5 a trip) so he knows people in the housing already. Lori & I would feel better having him being around other people ( he was on his floor for 2 days before he could make his way to his front door and a person walking by heard him yelling for help) and as we both worked for SNHS in the WIC and Senior Commodity Foods programs, we know how well the housing units are run.

Like I always tell friends and family, life happens, you adjust, adapt and try to keep moving forward.

sam

9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

The arrow of time is forever forward!!!

10. bogieb

bogieb

Wow, sounds like you did some amazing work on his house. Scrubbing walls is no fun and I'm sure it took several sessions for each area to actually get it clean of all the old smoke/tobacco/other that was coating them.

Nice that there is an opening so soon for him in the senior housing complex!

IHATEPROPANE, jtakeman and imacman like this.
  11. corncob

corncob

I'll never live in some 'home' other than this farm house.

12. corncob

corncob

On subject, it's 19 here this AM and the pellet stoves are cooking along. 71 in here and 55% RH. Need to get out in the shop and fire up the other one as I have work to do in the shop today.

bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  13. scajjr2

scajjr2

Yeah I'd go over a couple times a week, spend 3-4 hrs cleaning. It's an apartment but he basically has an absentee landlord. And it's a very old little building, easily 120 yrs+. So I put in grab bars in his bathroom along with a shower seat, handheld shower head, repaired the toilet, got kitchen arranged so he has a open area to move, fixed some things and some weatherization for winter (his heat is included but figured it'd help reduce the oil bill so his rent won't go up), etc.

He's always been very naive, gullible, prone to making hasty, bad decisions. Before my Dad passed he asked that i look after my brother the best I could. So I'm doing what I can.

sam

14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Your a good man, Sam!! Hard to set aside your own problems/life to assist others. The effects ripple through everything and stress becomes elevated.

:cheers:

15. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

16. Earl764

Earl764

It's what made me join the BP med club.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and bogieb like this.
  17. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

You joined pill poppers are us????? too????!!!

IHATEPROPANE and PelletHound like this.
  18. bogieb

bogieb

Have a Great Birthday Skier76 !

19. Rich250

Rich250

X2

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

X3

:cheers: