In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone else feel like this?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Woodsnwoods, Nov 24, 2022.

1. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

The only time people perk up when I mention the burning of wood, is when I mention we've only needed to refill our fuel oil tank once in the past 6yrs. You can see them adding up the savings in their head.

P.S. our hot water is via propane.

I don't know what "have enough firewood" means. Minimally, I like to have enough on-site to fill the racks I know that'll be emptied.

2. Ward Hoarder

Ward Hoarder

Wore my FWH tee shirt to Thanksgiving dinner.

Attached Files:

3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yes! :rofl: :lol:
    And it doesn't help that have I have no interest in watching basketball or football...I just sit in the corner and surf FHC/etc. :yes:

Not so much on my side, because everyone except one sibling heats with wood (and I have finally coaxed them to almost 2 years ahead!) but on my wife's side its just us and my FIL/MIL...the rest will give me about 30 seconds of polite attention when the subject comes up...well, there is one BIL that shows a little interest occasionally, but not really...I think he likes the idea of it all, but they are extremely busy people, they could never make the time investment! Not to mention that in their neighborhood 1 full cord of wood stored in the open would have the neighbors calling the city code enforcement people out! :rofl: :lol:

4. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

My standard answer is “ not even close!”

5. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

You sure hit the nail on the head with that one. More times than I can count.

Backwoods Savage and metalcuttr like this.
  6. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

SAME here. Anywhere I go, and things get stale, FHC is my goto time filler.

I think generally, people don't fathom seasoning wood for 3 years. So yeah thats a fair amount of wood on hand, begining with that reason alone.